Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Am I right in thinking RR is 2 years older than Ripsaw?  Pretty sure Rameses was installed in 1995 and Ripsaw 1997 (correct me if I’m wrong).  I’m surprised Rameses has lasted as long as it has but it’s nice to have it at the park as it’s the only thing that goes upside down and remotely thrilling.

I remember the days when the queues would hit over 2 hours (sod that although when it opened I waited 2 hours for my sister and her friend to ride it ?).

Went on this twice today - second time I got so drenched my hair was soaked but at least it was a warm day - last time I went to CWOA the fountains weren’t even on and I was boiling.

Really don’t think RR has long left - I personally really like it but it’s pretty ancient for a flatty and today it had several issues where it started a cycle and just stopped pretty much before the ride had actually got going - the ride cycle we got was short but sweet - 4 or 5 flips then getting a soaking though I do miss the days of 2 cycles 

I hope when it’s time is up that it doesn’t end up SBNO -   I hate rides that are just there rotting *cough Loggers* although given the choice between that or a bloody inflatable chuffing game thing a la Ripsaw I think I’d rather just see RR sat there.

• 3 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2009 at 10:18 PM, Ashley W said:

Well the ride in general, it's like it's being controlled by a parent with their child on the ride. The brakes kick in when they aren't even needed. Unless the carriage swining is dangerous, I don't see any reason why the carriage shouldn't be allowed to swing after it has completed it's rotations. Really, there are other ways to make this ride thrilling apart from going upside down and being teasted with the fountains. Speaking of fountains, I have never actually gotten wet on this ride. They are too afraid of getting the passangers too wet and the water hardly ever touches us. Maybe it's just wrong timing for me, but I can see a lot more potential on this ride.

I know this comment is almost 10 years old but RAMESES REVENGE has been running well for the 2018 season. It depends on the operator and how they feel about swinging it. After the 4 flips you either swing lots or you don't swing at all. The fountains also depend on who is operating the ride but it also depends on the weather. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2008 at 8:40 PM, Alex said:

It still fills over half the queue on a nice day.

In 2018 days RAMESES REVENGE had it's queue extended but it was still coming out of the queue and I had a suprise one hour wait and it was on the shortest cycle possible (like it always was since 2017). No more Slammer at Thorpe Park feeling   :(

On 12/8/2018 at 4:41 PM, Stuntman707 said:

New for 2019 - Rameses Sweep.

Lol. More like RAMESES Short Cycle.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:55 PM, Han30 said:

Am I right in thinking RR is 2 years older than Ripsaw?  Pretty sure Rameses was installed in 1995 and Ripsaw 1997 (correct me if I’m wrong).  I’m surprised Rameses has lasted as long as it has but it’s nice to have it at the park as it’s the only thing that goes upside down and remotely thrilling.

I remember the days when the queues would hit over 2 hours (sod that although when it opened I waited 2 hours for my sister and her friend to ride it ?).

Went on this twice today - second time I got so drenched my hair was soaked but at least it was a warm day - last time I went to CWOA the fountains weren’t even on and I was boiling.

Really don’t think RR has long left - I personally really like it but it’s pretty ancient for a flatty and today it had several issues where it started a cycle and just stopped pretty much before the ride had actually got going - the ride cycle we got was short but sweet - 4 or 5 flips then getting a soaking though I do miss the days of 2 cycles 

I hope when it’s time is up that it doesn’t end up SBNO -   I hate rides that are just there rotting *cough Loggers* although given the choice between that or a bloody inflatable chuffing game thing a la Ripsaw I think I’d rather just see RR sat there.

I don't see RAMESES REVENGE going for a long time yet. Also when I have been stuck (when it accidently released from the brakes before doing 4 flips, or when it tries to do the first flip and you get stuck upside down), it's actually rlly fun and it's like Samurai. The point is that it has done really well or the 2018 season and fountains are as strong as ever. Maybe needs new settings for the PLC and TLC done to it.

On 8/8/2018 at 5:44 PM, LK_ said:

They'll probably replace it with an inflatable game thing and market it as "worlds first inflatable in a hole" 

If they do that I will never go to Chessington again and instead of spending £229.00 for a Merlin Annual Premium Pass, I will spend £50.00 for a Thorpe Park annual pass just for Thorpe Park NOT CHESSINGTON

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might seem a bit random, but I’m really going to miss Rameses Revenge! To me, this is like removing the last good thing in the park. I fully appreciate that operating the ride is now hassle the majority of the time, but it’s just such an iconic ride and always looks impressive every time I visit! There really isn’t anything else that will draw me back to Chessington after tomorrow night (except Creepy Caves Unearthed - that was awesome!).

Bye Rameses. In your time you were truly one of the greats. I've some amazing memories of this ride whether it was the snakes on the sides of the supports and those red restraints or its retheme and my first ride in 2000 to that time when I rode you over and over again for an hour. Even working on this ride as an attendant was a special memory.

Only nostalgia will really play its part as I don't think I'd ridden it for at least a decade.

I definitely started riding it later than others, but Ramesis was definitely an impressive attraction, especially in it’s day. You could almost enjoy watching as much as riding.

The ride’s departure after 24 years of service not only means the end of Chessington’s last inverting attraction but the UK’s last (permant) Top Spin. Hopefully it’s replacement will be worthy.

• 4 months later...