Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Rameses Revenge is known for being Chessingtons biggest thrill, and the only one to invert riders. Like the Rattlesnake, Rameses is also in a whole in the ground, with the queue line starting on normal ground, and getting lower to the ground and then eventually to the platform, where you are strapped in, and your seat is checked. After that, your in for one hell of a ride!Discuss Chessingtons biggest thrill ride here!

• 9 months later...

Discuss Chessingtons biggest thrill ride here!

Biggest? Maybe back in 1995/96 yes, but not today.Rameses has had it's heyday. It's old, tired, squeals and the throughput is nothing compared to what it used to be.

I love Rameses Revenge- It is well themed and doesn't ever get much of a queue so they send it round 2 or 3 times!

And the ride length is so much shorter than it used to be, good job you don't pay to go on this ride!

I don't understaqnd why they have such a long queue line though :)

Think 1995/96 when it first opened.

I love this ride. A day at Chessington would'nt be complete with a go.

For me, a day at Chessington without a ride is always complete.Look at Ripsaw @ Alton Towers, it's about the same age and is so reliable, looks better, and is still popular today! Plus it's themed better.You're gonna see how much I hate rusty Rameses.

The usual moan I have about Rameses is the hold at the end for the fountains, which Ripsaw doesn't have, and the fact its fountains are forceful enough to make ya feel like your gonna drown. :)

Ripsaw does have that just not on cold/windy/wet days- It's fountains aren't as forceful either but you still get soaked :)

The reason why the hold was made longer was to allow the operator to control the fountains a lot easier, as you cannot get the ride wet due to the micro switches that monitor the restraints.Ripsaw does have the same rules, but they're a little more leniant as they have covers over their microswitches, however, this then means that the ride gets full of water.As for Ripsaw being more reliable... have you not read about the problems it's had this season?!

The reason why the hold was made longer was to allow the operator to control the fountains a lot easier, as you cannot get the ride wet due to the micro switches that monitor the restraints.Ripsaw does have the same rules, but they're a little more leniant as they have covers over their microswitches, however, this then means that the ride gets full of water.As for Ripsaw being more reliable... have you not read about the problems it's had this season?!

Mainly 1 hour brake-downs though it's always back up quicklyRestraint problem :)

Lol, well Ripsaw has had motor problems twice now this season, in which it had to close, Alton have been very good though and have fixed it as quickly as they could.To be fair I haven't known Rameses to be shut for lengthy periods of time apart from when it had that major refurb last season.

To be fair I haven't known Rameses to be shut for lengthy periods of time apart from when it had that major refurb last season.

The worst has got to be 2005, from about April to June it was one-off and then as it approached it's 10th birthday, Huss officials were drawn in to examine the ride. It was saved, but was close to being removed, due to spiralling maintenance costs.

• 4 weeks later...