Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Well the ride in general, it's like it's being controlled by a parent with their child on the ride. The brakes kick in when they aren't even needed. Unless the carriage swining is dangerous, I don't see any reason why the carriage shouldn't be allowed to swing after it has completed it's rotations. Really, there are other ways to make this ride thrilling apart from going upside down and being teasted with the fountains. Speaking of fountains, I have never actually gotten wet on this ride. They are too afraid of getting the passangers too wet and the water hardly ever touches us. Maybe it's just wrong timing for me, but I can see a lot more potential on this ride.

Also just to add that Rameses Fountains are manual controlled with the delay. Where as Ripsaws are Automatic(correct if wrong).Also Ripsaw has the metal cover on the bottom where the micro switches are and Rameses has all of them pretty much open with no covering apart from the plastic boxes of them.

lol skunky I love your description of the button.Thats exactly how I describe it :)Yeah I don't like the delay however it does help when you're trying to do fancy effects with the fountains when you're showing off/ masking awkward situations.Ripsaw might have better fountains in the sense of they're easier to operate but Rameses always wins overall even if he is a bit temperamental in his old age ;)Like Sheepie says Rameses needs our love.

• 3 months later...

They should have a box with the rides unavailable instead of waiting to see what rides aren't available.

Hmm.. Maybe The thing is, unlike Thorpe Park which can have up to five rides unavailable at one time, Chessington doesn't and has had excellent ride reliability this year. Rameses has been it's only prolonged downtime so far this year (that has only been 3 days to) so may be a waste of space on the homepage for the majority of the year.

• 4 weeks later...

why doesnt rameses have an express pass.what is the point in paying £40 if you cant get on rameses.how long does the queue get???.I might go soon and get express pases but are they worth it???(off topic).and how long would rameses queue get???

It usually has such a short queue that you don't need an express pass.

It usually has such a short queue that you don't need an express pass.

Yeah, everytime I have been I haven't seen it with longer than a 20min queue, its becuase it has a 1.4m restriction, and most people that visit Chessington are families so won't take their children on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Were they working on it?

They were working on the side where they put the restraints down.That is all I saw unfortunately.I do not know if it was open today as it states on their website that "All Rides and Attractions are currently available" but could be wrong.Anyone visit today that can state whether Rameses Revenge is open or not?