Rameses Revenge

Dan9

• 2 weeks later...

Ha , yes I agree :)Great ride op there :)

mine when I went,locked the gondala in position at the top then slowly movfed the arms towards the jets with us facing then and the ground,he was going deernum deernum getting faster and faster(like jaws) untilll we were fully in the sprays and we were held there for a while,during that cylce he then spun us round and round like crazy,with a short queue he did the first ride then asked who wants to do the more extreme one,this was the extreme one,it was mentality-great fun though.

You say that, yet there have been queues of around 45 minutes for the ride over the past few days. Peaking at 70 minutes on Wednesday.At a park where they aim to have something for everyone, it fits in just fine.

45 mins for Rameses Revenge and Peaking on 70! :) I have never seen Rameses Revenge top 30 mins and that was when rides like Vampire and Dragon's Fury were over 60 mins.I personally would not queue 45 mins for Rameses Revenge due to the fact that everyone usually in that queue is pushing and it annoys me.I would rather not ride it to be honest and join a more "better" queue line.e.g. Vampire - Can't really all push in that queue line!)

I agree, and when I go to Chessington, at least one ride needs to be an intense thrill for me, and that must be Rameses.

Dragons Fury is far more intense then a lot of people give it credit for. Just get the right weight combination and well.. I've seen grown women cry after it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ol' Paul is correct :)I don't think there is, but is there/ did there used to be a manual control function on Rameses Revenge or Ripsaw or in fact any Top Spin?

I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I would have thought that there would be some sort of manual operation available, for use in emergencies etc.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up :PIs it/ has it ever been operated in manual or are ride op's not allowed to?

I think they can, my friend (smartguy) said that the op was slowly tilting them towards the water jets, he knew it wasn't part of the automatic cycle becuase he was stopping and starting it.

• 7 months later...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWow, just found this great photographs from Rameses' Revenge's early days. Thanks a lot to whoever posted them on Photobucket. Well, I can see why they changed it, but why change it to something completely irrelevent to Ancient Egypt? If you look closely on the entrance sign and background piece as they are today, you can see marks where the bigger logos used to be.

Well, I can see why they changed it, but why change it to something completely irrelevent to Ancient Egypt?

When they changed the colour scheme, they wanted the ride to look like some kind of machine- a device that Rameses looks you into, and well... gets his revenge. Of course there's the whole backstory about Moses/ the parting of the Red Sea.

It was rethemed in 2000, according to Theme UK.Also thanks to Theme UK, I found these promotional images showing the ride before and after. It looks better before, in my opinion. Was there any need to make it look like an Egyptian 'machine' (if there is such a thing?!). I preferred it with its ancient wooden/decorative look, though somewhere between the two would have been perfect.Posted ImageIn this promotional image, a completely different looking ride is pictured. Is it a different ride or just concept art? Notice Tomb Blaster's queueline in the background and an Egyptian statue at the bottom of the page.Posted ImageThis time the actual ride is pictured. Notice the snake wrapping around the wooden-themed support and the old colour scheme.Posted ImagePosted ImagePromotional images for the new look ride.