Rameses Revenge

Dan9

I think Toadie's location is probably one the reasons why it receives high queues (much like Spinball, a Truckers & Storm Surge) not also helped by the fact park just can't cope with guests numbers its receiving its current state seeing the park's attendance surge in the last 5/10 years despite few major additions which will likely reach or exceed 2m by the end of the decade.

Toadie's site could be home to a great medium sized family coaster along the lines of Juvelin or fire chaser express which would add a worth while addition, not to mention improve throughputs a little (heck remove peeking and the site then is even bigger).

Lies, back when I was an operator its queue was a maximum of fifteen minutes. It's all because they've lowered the throughput of the thing, we're talking a reduction of 25% which is massive.

Stop the cars crashing probably...

Pretty much. The ride system only holds one car outside the loading platform so if there's a delay, the one behind it will just whack into it. Come to think of it, there used to be five cars on Toadies during busy periods. 

Pretty much. The ride system only holds one car outside the loading platform so if there's a delay, the one behind it will just whack into it. Come to think of it, there used to be five cars on Toadies during busy periods.

Was it any worse than a bump on a ghost train style ride/going back into the station on a log flume?

• 4 months later...

Reducing the number of hours it is open on off-peak days would have been a more sensible option IMO (see Drenched at Oakwood), closing it completely is just not on.

As for the ride being knackered, I have no doubt about that being true (it seemed to creak a lot last year and was just generally grotty looking), but that's what maintenance is for!

Also;

Due to the very nature of the ride, Rameses Revenge tends to be favoured by guests visiting us during the peak season and as such the decision was made to only open this ride during peak dates during the 2016 season.

What sort of an excuse is that?!  :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Just because two Merlin Top Spins have closed does not mean Rameses Revenge will be going too.

Look at it's dreadful current state, it's been like that for years, breaking down every 10 minuets and needing parts replaced 24/7, if they were going to take it out, they would have done so years ago. The fact of the matter is it's simply too expensive to take out of that pit. It's virtually part of the ground. And would make such a mess of the landscape so it won't go until a bigger ride can be built in it's place.

Plus anyway, we all need a good castration from time to time.

Well we now know that Aqua Spin is next (Heide Park).

What I meant by this is that Merlin don't really seem to like Top Spins at the moment, I'm just taking a wild guess that aqua spin will be removed, chances are they probably will remove it eventually.

They haven't actually said anything about it yet but I bet they will sometime.

This is all wrong, I heard from one of the engineers on tombblaster today that the fact of the matter is that the gearbox failed on the ride. A crane came in to replace it. but the management for the day decided to send the crane away.A simple 3 - 4 hour replacement wont be repaired until next week when the schools go back. Once again dreadful, incompitant management, that havent a clue about running a park and keeping the guest happy.

Agreed!!!, Electric Bill !!. It seems there is only a handful of staff that are crying out to make a difference, but the management are not interested. I worked there in the winter and was appaled at how some of the maintainence team are treated. Personally, from what I saw it my very short time there, was there was too many (KIDS!!!) that have a team leader or management position, that have no clue about running a team or department within a theme park. Some departments within the park seem to be just full of team leaders and management, and no other staff, where other departments that are either very short staffed, or have staff that are not interested in doing the job they are being employed for, this includes the engineering department, that has recently employed a number of staff that do not care about the job they are being employed for, half of them cant even speak proper english, all the company are worried about is keeping the numbers up in the department. The higher management within the park, and maybe even Merlin need to open the eyes. as a fastictic park is slowly being destoyed by a small amount of peope. Its a real shame for such a very historic park, that could, if run correctly be great once again.