Rameses Revenge

Dan9

This is all wrong, I heard from one of the engineers on tombblaster today that the fact of the matter is that the gearbox failed on the ride. A crane came in to replace it. but the management for the day decided to send the crane away.A simple 3 - 4 hour replacement wont be repaired until next week when the schools go back. Once again dreadful, incompitant management, that havent a clue about running a park and keeping the guest happy.

What the hell!   :angry2:

Absolutely shocking stuff, if there is a problem that can be repaired in a matter of hours then the most logical thing to do is repair it and get the ride back open!  Have they never heard of offering a service to customers?!

What the hell! :angry2:

Absolutely shocking stuff, if there is a problem that can be repaired in a matter of hours then the most logical thing to do is repair it and get the ride back open! Have they never heard of offering a service to customers?!

This is all wrong, I heard from one of the engineers on tombblaster today that the fact of the matter is that the gearbox failed on the ride. A crane came in to replace it. but the management for the day decided to send the crane away.A simple 3 - 4 hour replacement wont be repaired until next week when the schools go back. Once again dreadful, incompitant management, that havent a clue about running a park and keeping the guest happy.

I don't think this is the case, I kind of doubt there'd be scaffolding with no platforms for a gearbox. I reckon it's just waiting for parts.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Rameses is a lot older then it should be. Whilst Top Spins are my favourite flats, this one is a particular close one to heart, its just diabolical. The ride was only supposed to last a decade, and it's like watching a blind, deaf mute old man struggle up a flight of stairs, needing hip and ankle replacements upon every step.

Seeing as Rameses is sat doing nothing, maybe they could take the opportunity to clean it - the two main arms are filthy!

Good idea. Was great to see Pleasure Beach jet washing the train today as well as fixing a window seal that cracked in Streak's station. Even saw a cleaner wiping the outside of a bin! I know you like Blackpool pleasure Beach so thought I'd say something in comparison to Chessington just for you :P

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 1:23 AM, mattgwise said:

Good idea. Was great to see Pleasure Beach jet washing the train today as well as fixing a window seal that cracked in Streak's station. Even saw a cleaner wiping the outside of a bin! I know you like Blackpool pleasure Beach so thought I'd say something in comparison to Chessington just for you :P

Haha, it's true though, I'm equally critical of BPB when they do things wrong but they are committed to keeping the park clean which makes it a much more appealing place.

Chessington could do with a paint in lots of places, but the lack of cleanliness was a bigger concern both in queuelines, ride carriages and the overall park.

• 6 months later...

On the topic of this subject, I figured the likes of ChessingtonSam and a few others may enjoy a little off-ride footage of Rameses Revenge I just recently took on my trip to Chessie. Sadly, I did NOT get to ride this as it broke down almost as soon as I stopped recording and said people were stuck on the ride for about 20 minutes (don't tell the papers!)

42 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

I think something on the lines of Talocan would make for a great replacement the day Rammy fails forever, maybe add a bit of smoke, fire and water in there under the name Ramesis II.

But unfortunately, this is Chessington.

Indeed! I don't like saying it but I didn't have a great day there, in fact it was probably the worst day I've had at a theme park in a long, long time. It has the potential to be a nice little day out but the park operations inside compounded how busy it was and how low the throughput was and just generally made for a poor atmosphere. The rides themselves weren't the best in comparison with what other Merlin parks have to offer. Giving it a positive though my wife and I really enjoyed the animal section 

2 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

I think something on the lines of Talocan would make for a great replacement the day Rammy fails forever, maybe add a bit of smoke, fire and water in there under the name Ramesis II.

But unfortunately, this is Chessington.

At the same time, they should replace Rattlesnake with a wild mouse.  

I was discussing this the other day, and in theory it shouldn't take much to require the ride and install a whew gondola. The main problem with the ride comes from the unforgiving restraint system and it's unreliability so it would make sense to replace the gondola. Looking at the likes of Talocan the seating arrangements seem to be the only significant change to the new top spin design. 

The last time I was at Chessington, I didn't see it have a single successful run. Every time I saw it cycle, it had to stop in some shape or form, even I was stuck on it for about 15 minutes.

Honestly, if it's not going to get any better, I think they should remove it. Standard top spins just don't seem to be as good as they used to be. Many more flat rides now dominate, especially with Mondial lurking about.

Opened in 1995, Ramases Revenge has been a firm favourite amongst families and young adults. As a result of many years of operation, Ramases Revenge is out of action for 2017 while it’s being renovated. This was a difficult decision to make, however we hope for it to make a splash-back in the future. 

Lolz. :lol: Only joking lads.

I love RR - bless her (and Merlin) for holding on for 21 years of service... I honestly can't see RR being replaced with another Top Spin when she is finally retired. 

19 hours ago, cptnmingo said:

On the topic of this subject, I figured the likes of ChessingtonSam and a few others may enjoy a little off-ride footage of Rameses Revenge

I'm confused...?

37 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Opened in 1995, Ramases Revenge has been a firm favourite amongst families and young adults. As a result of many years of operation, Ramases Revenge is out of action for 2017 while it’s being renovated. This was a difficult decision to make, however we hope for it to make a splash-back in the future. 

Scared me then :P although I don't know why when I don't ride it...

• 4 months later...