Rameses Revenge

Dan9

• 2 months later...

Rameses has a new setting!That is all.

So, having riden a few weeks back, I thought the setting was most odd, don't know if this would be a 'new' one as I hadn't been for years and years. It was split in two, the first half was lame as a dead duck - a top spin with no spin at the top, just some mild swinging about. Then it spent about 30 seconds bringing itself to a stop and aligning itself, the ride op gave some spiel about getting off if you want to, no one did, and then we were off for a 'proper' go, roughly as I remember it from years ago.Is this normal, or was it due to it being a very quiet day? If they are messing about with all that when it is busy and has a queue then the whole first half seems like a waste of time to me, especially bringing it to a stop between the two halves.

Rammie usually sends people around twice (unless there's a massive queue, which is rare)...It's all operator dependant as well, since they choose what setting it goes onto, and the few times I platformed it they always swapped after the first 'slow' setting...Though I dunno why they don't just put it on a 'major' setting and give everyone one go on that... I really don't understand Chessie's way of operating rides sometimes...

What I also don't understand is the varying speed between the two rides at the merlin parks.You could say Chessie is tailored to a younger audience - but these kids of same age and height end up experiencing faster, scarier, thrills at the other park. So why not have it the same? ;).Doesn't just go for this - Frog Hopper v Berry Bouncers is another one. Frog Hopper is actually an amazing ride and flings you out of your seat! Yet the kids absolutely love it!

• 8 months later...

There's an old saying in Britian; 'A ride like this deserves my thumbs hitting the moon like a dog goes to dinner'.I'd like to apply that to this ride. It's great for thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies like me. It's not as scary as bungee jumping, but it's still pretty damn good,My favourite ride at Chessington, apart from Rattlesnake, Bubbleworks, Dragons fury and The Vampire.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I swear I read somewhere that in actual fact you are actually only meant to be barely touched by the fountains and not drenched by them as if the gondola is lowered too far into the fountains, sensors and various other components in the gondola corrode over time and lead to more and more downtime due to sensor errors and other problems.

Plus, that damn panel at the bottom of the gondola has been gone for how long now?