Tidal Wave

Harry

By the way, this photo is from the website of the company who designed the façades and theming for Amity Cove when Tidal Wave was built (they also did Rattlesnake, Transylvania and Forbidden Kingdom at Chessington).

Thanks for sharing this website. :P The site looks quite old but they have some great photos on there. The one of the Tidal Wave theming being constructed is cool. Really I wish I had taken some good photos and video of the ride while the water tower and fire effect were still working.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I am being pedantic, but it's looking a bit sorry for itself. I hate the way it has been plonked on a bit of the old Octopus garden sidewalling. When it was on the grass hill before, with shrubbery behind it, it looked like a real sign. Also the lights have been removed, and they werea great bit of theming. ;)

Maybe I am being pedantic, but it's looking a bit sorry for itself. I hate the way it has been plonked on a bit of the old Octopus garden sidewalling. When it was on the grass hill before, with shrubbery behind it, it looked like a real sign. Also the lights have been removed, and they werea great bit of theming. ;)

Yes you are being slightly pedantic as I think the sign fits in its new home fine. It's on a major pathway at the entrance to Amity Cove, works for me. The lights might come to, afterall, a week ago we didn't even know if the sign was going to reutrn.

So we moan that it wasnt there.. Then we moan when it returns? So tell me, where would you of put it in that area with next to nowhere where it would fit in?

Wrong way to answer a post (Thorpe park kiss up ;) )

Yes you are being slightly pedantic as I think the sign fits in its new home fine. It's on a major pathway at the entrance to Amity Cove, works for me. The lights might come to, afterall, a week ago we didn't even know if the sign was going to reutrn.

Right way.As far as I see it the sign was nice where it was, with one of the manyy bits of grass THORPE PARK has =D

I suppose really, the park shouldn't have reliability issues anymore because most of its rides are now over 5 years old. Back in like 2008 Thorpe could use the timeless excuse that its rides are new and are still throwing up unpredictable challenges. Not so anymore, loves ;)

I suppose really, the park shouldn't have reliability issues anymore because most of its rides are now over 5 years old. Back in like 2008 Thorpe could use the timeless excuse that its rides are new and are still throwing up unpredictable challenges. Not so anymore, loves ;)

No because the rides in Thorpes opinion will now be "getting old and having reliability issues"

Last time that I visited the park (21/03/11), I noticed the water guns in the splash zone were not working as were the same water guns at loggers leap, Why cant Thorpe keep these small things working within the park, It looked so much fun to soak people when they least expect it ??

These guns are run by HB Leisure (not Thorpe Park)Loggers ones seemed to be working when I went on Sunday.