Tidal Wave

Harry

Well it is possible. This is closed early due to maintenance. Not budget. It's been a nightmare all year often only being able to run just one boat. It needs a serious amount of TLC. Plus the bridge you can walk across past the fireball and water tower needs to be re-decked. The water tower was worked on and actually fixed from what I heard. It was just never turned back on probably because it would have effected the summer stage by Tidal. Never say never.

The fire ball is condemned from what I've heard.. At least it is certainly in a terrible condition inside and will have to be entirely replaced rather than fixed.

The water tower started refurbishment at the start of the season. It obviously wasn't completed sadly. It's a bigger job than you'd think because it also deteriorated a lot and needed internal parts replaced, as well as the many birds nests that were in there. Not sure if it will be restored this season or given up on again.

It looked even better than those pictures show when Amity Cove first opened. Remember this was Tussauds very first developments with Thorpe Park when people still looked up to standards like Chessington and Alton Towers had in the 90s.

There were a lot more visual effects too in the queue if I remember? The broken houses all had features like the toilet & shower throwing water about. The little church steeple did something as well, I think playing ironic gospel music or something.

The surrounding area was better themed with one side of the "Catastrophe Kate" boat distressed and decorated, with the themed wheel before a big hole was cut in it to create the current entrance door. The whole place was a lot fresher and open before the paint peeled off, where the dodgems are now was a nice grassy bank where everyone would picnic and you got a great view of the ride from there.

If you didn't know the water tower would periodically open and spill a huge amount of water into the pool below. The gas ball would explode with a flame rather dramatically.

What's wrong with the maintenence of the effects at BPB? Apart from Valhalla they all seem to be working on most of my visits.

Took them the best part of 5 years to fix the lift lights on pmbo alone, add all the effects and lights rides should have that no longer work the national should have a flashing beacon and chaser in its tower, so should ice blast, there are about 5 light effects either broke or take away from pmbo!

Took them the best part of 5 years to fix the lift lights on pmbo alone, add all the effects and lights rides should have that no longer work the national should have a flashing beacon and chaser in its tower, so should ice blast, there are about 5 light effects either broke or take away from pmbo!

I was only thinking of effects rather than lighting, but actually I agree that the state of the lighting is very poor.

It looked even better than those pictures show when Amity Cove first opened. Remember this was Tussauds very first developments with Thorpe Park when people still looked up to standards like Chessington and Alton Towers had in the 90s.

There were a lot more visual effects too in the queue if I remember? The broken houses all had features like the toilet & shower throwing water about. The little church steeple did something as well, I think playing ironic gospel music or something.

The surrounding area was better themed with one side of the "Catastrophe Kate" boat distressed and decorated, with the themed wheel before a big hole was cut in it to create the current entrance door. The whole place was a lot fresher and open before the paint peeled off, where the dodgems are now was a nice grassy bank where everyone would picnic and you got a great view of the ride from there.

If you didn't know the water tower would periodically open and spill a huge amount of water into the pool below. The gas ball would explode with a flame rather dramatically.

You're taking me back too a much better time in Thorpe's history. God I miss those days, before Original Source splurged awful colours over the boats, the flashing traffic lights, the dinging of the church bell, the police style fencing around the splash pool.  

• 4 months later...