Tidal Wave

Harry

Hilarious! 

Also hilarious that it says this...

Scott Montague asked why Samurai was running with '20 seats unfilled' and thirty minutes later returned to Twitter to report a break down.

A blatant lie considering it isn't allowed to run with less than 15 riders! 

8 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Hilarious! 

Scott Montague asked why Samurai was running with '20 seats unfilled' and thirty minutes later returned to Twitter to report a break down.

Though that's true, Samurai was running with 2 rows unavailable on Saturday. Potentially still true for today.

If so, not hard to see why someone would exaggerate that to 20 (or alternatively a typo).

Ridiculous article, Tidal Wave’s stoppage at the top of the lift is just a usual breakdown occurrence which has happened before and will happen agsin. 

Nothing to to worry about, the ride team have a full plan in place, whether the ride can be restarted or needs to be evacuated. 

18 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

Hilarious! 

Guests are amazingly inept at counting in theme parks.

2 minutes ago, cmangi said:

So this happened on 10/07/2018. A stoppage at the top of Tidal Wave. Had my camera with me and got a photo. Was quite surprised that it doesnt look like the staff member had any type of harness on, happy to be proven wrong tho!

TP-23.jpg

This is a normal shutdown procedure, so nothing to worry about. A staff member will walk to the top of the lift to explain to guests what’s happened and to reassure them. They won’t evacuate the ride unless they absolutely have to. They have safety procedures in place to avoid injury.

If the ride is back on 3 boats now, this is excellent news.

15 minutes ago, cmangi said:

So this happened on 10/07/2018. A stoppage at the top of Tidal Wave. Had my camera with me and got a photo. Was quite surprised that it doesnt look like the staff member had any type of harness on, happy to be proven wrong tho!

TP-23.jpg

Not all the rides require a harness to walk up the lift hills / or at  least some way up them.

4 hours ago, Marc said:

Not all the rides require a harness to walk up the lift hills / or at  least some way up them.

Only coasters/rides with sudden drops have the harneses, for example nemesis inferno, tidal wave vs Colossus/swarm if u slip you can fall between the stairs and the track.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think they were fixed couple years back, maybe not, but they're lots of fun. The toilet is pretty busted now though and has a plastic seat sort of stuck on top (used to be a themed toilet like from the 50s) with a perspex cover to stop people, err..!

I think the radio on the shelf in the first 'house' used to speak too?
The house sets looking pretty worn out these days sadly. It was a brilliant themed area when looked after, the best in park!

47 minutes ago, Mysta Ghoul said:

I think they were fixed couple years back, maybe not, but they're lots of fun. The toilet is pretty busted now though and has a plastic seat sort of stuck on top (used to be a themed toilet like from the 50s) with a perspex cover to stop people, err..!

I think the radio on the shelf in the first 'house' used to speak too?
The house sets looking pretty worn out these days sadly. It was a brilliant themed area when looked after, the best in park!

They were fixed two seasons ago, but then broke again (or weren't swithched on). Last season i saw only the sink work on one visit and nothing on the rest. Was just nice to see them all working. The house sets certainly do look worn which is a shame. At least the park are trying to touch little things up and repair things.