Tidal Wave

Harry

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm hearing that if all goes well it should open within the next few days.

As many will suggest, if a ride closes and no visible work is happening, it usually means they're waiting on a part. If to say the part needed to be made to order, that can take a while.

So with work now going on at the ride, that suggests a pretty quick turnaround which is good to see. Rotten luck that it had to be closed during the hottest, busiest week of the year.

59 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Yep, was on park earlier and can confirm it opened around lunchtime. 

Unsurprisingly attracted a very long queue. I'd estimate 2.5-3hrs, wait no, sorry, 90mins+ based on how it's operated currently. 

Haha. Is it using 2 or 3 boats out of interest? 

1 hour ago, Mattgwise said:

Haha. Is it using 2 or 3 boats out of interest? 

I think 2, but I didn't stick around long enough or have a good enough look to say that with certainty. 

29 minutes ago, Bayorame said:

Speaking of tidal wave reopening, I wonder when the fire effect will be turned on? I'm guessing it will be turned on in the summer holidays and frightnights maybe?? I’m looking forward to see it on soon!

I believe there were issues with some delivery issues for parts related to the fire effect, so I don't think it's actually installed / set up.

It's possible they might have been able to install it whilst the ride was closed, but I doubt it. So I expect we won't actually see it until next year now. 

When it is used, I'd expect the plan is for it to happen all the time, rather than just peak periods.

• 9 months later...
5 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Tidal Wave has got part of its pit drained, suggesting lengthy work usually? Anyone got any idea what's up? Closed all day and only had one boat last week which was on the transfer crane today.

received_5321233114583267.jpeg

Blimey, that doesn't look good right off the back of 5 months of winter maintenance 😳

Perhaps they've finally gotten the parts for that dreaded fire effect? 😂

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

In the words of Sum 41, why am I still waiting.

As I understand it, when it was confirmed in Jack Silkstone's 2020(!!) video, there ended up being delays due to Covid. Understandable enough.

Then 2021 came around, and it could be done in time for start of season because parts were delayed due to Brexit laws. Frustrating, but forgiveable.

So why didn't it come about last year? At what point do we have to go they've just swept it under the rug? Or raise an eyebrow of concern that it takes multiple years to get a fire effect installed? It's a shame how laughable it is.

11 hours ago, coasterverse said:

I'd probably even argue that Russ Gaines' departure from his role probably set that back too.

As I understand it, Russ hasn't left the park, he's just taken on extra responsibilities in overseeing Chessington too. Unless things have changed..?

In any case, his role was/is as Commercial Director. Whilst he'd have an input on those things, one would like to hope that input wasn't the be all and end all of things like special effects on rides!