Tidal Wave

Harry

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on it 3 times. The first 2 times I regretted it so much! But the third time (same weather conditions) I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't queue for ages for it but when I go the queue is usually small.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been on Tidal Wave 21 times and now I don't like it because of being soaked for the rest of the day. I used to love Tidal Wave; it was my first ride ever at Thorpe. Now I just find it a waste of time. Especially queuing.

• 2 months later...

I remember going to Thorpe with a bunch of mates in May. It was a horrible day and really wet, so we thought we couldn’t get any wetter. It wasn’t until I was covered by the massive wave that I found out I was wrong. So afterwards, I went and dried my hair off on stealth (cheaper then the Amity dryers).

I love Tidal Wave in the cold. Guess that makes me insane. I used to refuse to wear those Macs, as I look like a spaz in them, but now, I think "oh well, I am a spaz" so I just wear them anyway.God I do talk some rubbish sometimes.But yeah, Tidal Wave is awesome, used to be even better, before they ruined it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I must admit, I've not experienced the scenario that you described, but there was one instance where I went on it in the rain. It was cold, wet (this was in August) and just unpleasant really- but still fun.Anyway, we're just about to get into the station, and the thing decides it wants to break down. There I am, at the back of the boat, stuck in the rain: cold. Bleak. Soggy.It was great. Lol.

• 1 month later...

Well said!I think the worst bit about the re- theme for me was the re-paint of the boats, the "splash zone" thingy, the painting of the bridge, oh yeah, and not to mention the destruction of the queueline.So that covers most of it then.The thing is, perhaps it would be forgiven a little if some of the old effects were working again. I know they get the church organ going but that's it. I haven't seen the water tower work in ages, the gas ball hasn't worked for years (obvious reasons) and although I personally have never seen the telegraph poles "spark" it seems that that hasn't worked for years also.It would be nice if they sorted out the entrance lighting too for summer evenings and Fright Nights.After all, we've had the sponsor, but as of yet we haven't seen any added theming. Something for this season?Who knows...(and no jokes about "Thorpe Park know") :mellow: