Tidal Wave

Harry

I like it, it makes a change.I've never really been too fussed by sponsering anyay (apart from Bubbleworks!!), it doesn't mean anything to me. Maybe I'm just weird :) Obviously if it made the ride look a disgrace (again, like Bubbleworks and Imperial Leather) then I'd care...but I don't mind this! :unsure:

A typical Fanboy then..... its not disgusting - its marketing - when you realise that marketing is critical in a business then maybe you might understand why they sponser!

I don't care about the business side of it... all I care about is how hideous it is. The original source theming blended in a lot better and it was a lot less noticable. This sticks out worse than a sore thumb, and nearly makes me feel sick just looking at it. A typical fanboy, errr, what? No. Seriously no. If I'm a 'typical fanboy' who as I think you're saying, hates everything they do, then why do I like the new map? Why do I like the new website? Am I not allowed to give my opinion at something without having someone try and degrade me for it? And if we are going to talk about typical things here, why don't we talk about people like you and Marc who typically bum the hell out of everything Thorpe do? I don't have a problem with that and I would never usually ridicule you for it, but if you're going to judge me for my opinion and just say 'oh you're so typical', then I'm going to do the same.

Evil money grabbing corporate baddies!!Why have they done this? Surely they have enough money. I guess, like the previous Original Sauce sponsorship, it would OK if the product suited the ride and was not so in your face. This just looks silly. The new paint on the floor looks... alright... the logo on the shelter is... OK. But when they slap the words: "Dr Pepper PRESENTS TIDAL WAVE!" all over it, the ride seems like some sort of unimportant attraction which has a purpose simply to advertise their product. Dr Pepper does not present Tidal Wave, the ride has been around for ten years now. Dr Pepper has nothing to do with it! Leave it alone!:unsure:Phew, at least it is not all over the place in every nook and cranny. Or is it?

Theres marketing, then theres wrecking parts of the park. Why couldn't they just add a small tag line below an existing Tidal Wave logo, like the sponsor of Air did, or even Rumba and still leave a ride how it was. Not plaster massive chunks of crap over the themeing. There seems to be no escapism in Thorpe now. Its just plastered in marketing absolutely everywhere. Its very "in your face". But, on a positive side it does add a bit of colour to a dieing bit of theming. But I'm sure it would make more sence in the long run to make the park a friendly, presentable place to be. Instead of giving the impression that all they give a toss about is raping your wallet of all the loose change, over the quality of the guest experience.

And if we are going to talk about typical things here, why don't we talk about people like you and Marc who typically bum the hell out of everything Thorpe do?

Why you bringing me into it? Just because I am able to go to the park and enjoy my self dont mean I "bum" everything they do, if I dont like somthing I will say so.Anyway the sponsorship, its pretty bright but like the original source stuff I'm sure we will get use to it.On a better note its nice to see the Tidal Wave sign neons lit up once again =]

I don't see this as too bad, but good and too bad are two very different things. Surely they could have used this sponsor in a more Dr. Peppery ride, rather than Tidal Wave.However I dont see why people are getting in such a fuss about this, its not as if they've just got wooden signs with dr pepper written on them, and sticky taped them to a fence. 99% of Visitors won't care about this addition not matching with the rides theme, or story, they're there to have a fun day, not to fuss over a bit of advertisement. But thats not to say I or fans like us like it.

You mean the water tower that used to burst with water?Posted ImageThere it is to the left, the 'Amity Water Co.' tank. This photo shows Tidal Wave's construction. I stumbled across the website just now, and the same company that made Tidal Wave's theming made most of Terror Tomb, Transylvania, Rameses' Revenge and Rattlesnake at Chessington, too.

Not seen that going for YEARS, must be 2003?! Was very pleased to see it back on, Amity Cove was sounding / looking great today, I can live with the Dr Pepper with the other improvements around the area.Looking forward to seeing what they've done with KFC when that reopens.