Rita

Dan9

We need some more alton topics, so here another one!Well when Rita was announced it got alton fanboys pretty excited. But since its opened, its recieved mixed reviews. Its like Marmite, you either Love it or you hate it :mellow:. Rita has been criticised for its long queues followed by short ride times, but some people find it a great ride full of airtime and great turns.Launching from 0 - 60 mph in 2.4 seconds, it takes you on a journey through UG Land, with twists and turns everywhere, and 3 airtime hills in the center of the ride. Thunder Rock Rally Radio plays around the ride, which some people have critcised also for not fitting in with the UG Lands prehistoric theme, and the whole ride idea is not based around this either.GO GO GO....

Well I think Alton made the best of a bad situation; there were rumours going around that Alton had no choice but to add this ride (along with Spinball I think), so therefore may not have had enough planning time.However I do admire Alton for creating a slightly differerent layout- it has quite a bit of subtance to it.I'm yet to ride RITA, so I'm yet to say whether I actually like it as a ride, but hey, that's that for ya (what a crap conclusion). :mellow:

Rita's interesting in that it is clearly not the best ride of its type with a very swings and roundabout lay-out, not much height, a slower speed then its Southern counterpart and a far less important then its B&M sisters. However (and this is a big however), I really think this makes it a better ride then Stealth. Being less important then Nemesis, Air and Oblivion makes Rita a far more fun ride to go on.And thats all I'm saying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I really don't like RITA, it's a real mess of a ride. TRRR has such a random choice of music from rock music, to emo, the 80s to 50s; if your going to have a radio station, at least make it based around one theme of music, for example the Canada Creek music or WWTP radio. The announements/jingles on both TRRR and WWTP are quite funny, but you can't hear them at TRRR becuase they sound so muffled. My other dislike of RITA, if the sharp bend at the end of the track when you nearly get mutilated by the restraint. The 'middle' bit of the ride is OK, but the end is wayyy too forceful, and the ride just pins you into the seat.The area is themed ok-ish, but I don't think a pre-historic racetrack with rubber tyres makes much sense.

I dont like the name or the theme of the ride. Rita for a name, you might as well have called it Sandy. What's up with giving it a Sanskrit Indian name?One might wonder why they who must not be named, called their coaster Rita? Is Rita someone they know?And why is this Rit that they know, the queen of speed?What is Rita fast at? ^^ I mean come on, what can Rita (this person, I assume they name it after) do at 60MPH?Why choose the name Rita out of every name possible?Then, they give it a drag-racing theme, which clashes with the original theme, ?

• 1 month later...

How many speedway events take place when there's a Tidal Wave threat? Why does Oblivion warn of no return when you can see the cars coming out the other side?

1. How do you know the Tidal Wave is about to hit?2. Any car could get stuck in the pit!Personally I think Rita is OK but IO prefer it's neighbour Corkscrew, much better themed and has (Marginally) a better queue line :D

1. How do you know the Tidal Wave is about to hit?2. Any car could get stuck in the pit!Personally I think Rita is OK but IO prefer it's neighbour Corkscrew, much better themed and has (Marginally) a better queue line :P

1. When you see a boat coming down the drop ;).2. How exactly?

1. You might have your back turned2. (Very) Strong Wind ;)

1. You can hear it? And also it is a ride, and you probably know that boats are going to come down quite a lot :P.2. I doubt it. Its drop measures to 180ft, that's only 25ft of Stealths height, and it is vertical.

• 2 weeks later...

1. You can hear it? And also it is a ride, and you probably know that boats are going to come down quite a lot ;).2. I doubt it. Its drop measures to 180ft, that's only 25ft of Stealths height, and it is vertical.

1. By then it's too late2. You Win :P