Rita

Dan9

When I rode Rita last year I wasn't expecting that much, but it proved better than my expectations (but then again I do like a launch) even though it's not the best ride in the world, I just somehow seemed to like going round those corners at that kind of speed. It's a weird one there's nothing exceptional about it but I loved the experience and I was just somehow impressed by it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never been to alton unfortunately but I have an oppinion on it although it may be atad off.I don't think it's theme fits it's location but the ride itself is well themed with the race atmosphere.When it was being announced I felt fooled when it was all bigging up 0-100 in 2.4, it took me alot of research to find out that was kph, it's not actually that fast, the acceleration is that of a a fast car and I beleive it was out classed by stealth and it's 0-80 in 1.9 (2.3 before stealth 1.1). IT's air time looks fairly impressive, however and I can't express a fully justified oppinion till I can haul myself up north and try it myself.

• 4 months later...

Ok, so ALTON AND THORPE are all owned by Merlin, but hasn't anyone noticed that stealth at THORPE PARK (a launching coaster) and then Rita: Queen of Speed came along (a launching coaster) or the other way around.MERLIN should seperate - have something original for both parks. But no sealife is in ALTON TOWERS hopefully there wont be on in THORPE PARK.Isnt it a bit of copycat?

Ok, so ALTON AND THORPE are all owned by Merlin, but hasn't anyone noticed that stealth at THORPE PARK (a launching coaster) and then Rita: Queen of Speed came along (a launching coaster) or the other way around.MERLIN should seperate - have something original for both parks. But no sealife is in ALTON TOWERS hopefully there wont be on in THORPE PARK.Isnt it a bit of copycat?

Well the thing is only people who are into rides would really notice that many similarities between Stealth and Rita. Ok it launches, but I doubt non-fans would care how, track design, train design etc etc.

I think what needs to be thoguht of is that the public (non-fans) will only visit local parks reguarly. Therefore, although variety of rides is required, having similar designs fo rides, I.e. launch, inverted, etc. won't mtter that much to the public.However, when it comes to parks owned by the same companies and in close proximity (TP and Chessie), then the owner will make the parks completely different. TP=Thrillseekers Chessie=Families with young children. That's why they don't have similar rides. AT is aimed at families with slightly older children, so they need similar rides to Thorpe to connect tot the target market.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...