Rita

Dan9

• 4 weeks later...

Strange to think I was only riding it three days ago and this happened's! :unsure:

Thank god no one was on-board like Xcelerator but Rita has lovely timing doesn't she?

"I know I'm going to break beyond a week repair just as the summer season starts!" :closedeyes:

Well the affect on Thirteen queues will be just lovely with no other ride to soak up the queues within a 5 minute walking distance!

I'm pretty sure the launch's are designed so that if it does snap it wouldnt harm anyone on the ride, not sure how the cables ended up over there though I thought it would just wrap its self around the drum!

TTD and Xcelerator incidents would say otherwise...

If the cable has snapped then one end will go to the drum as per normal, but the other will end up elsewhere due to the lack of momentum it'll encounter after the split... It's hard to explain by word but it's basically ends up being two parts going in opposite directions, hence why one end will be left out in the open...

It's yet another black mark on Intamin's record... Maybe they should move onto mass producing LSM launches now? More iSpeeds less snapping cables...

Thing is, the last Hydraulic launch was built 3 years ago... Maybe Intamin just realised that the system is potentially flawed with nearly 50% of the total 14 currently in operation have had some form of incident...

Electromagnetics for the win!

I was thinking that. Intamin probably cried itself to sleep when Maurer, Gerstlauer and Mack came up with far superior launches that didn't try to kill and maim,

I do wonder if this is as bad as it looks?

If new cables on site already there's a good chance it will reopen tomorrow, if that cable did fling over there at speed would merlin open it, keep stealth and it's other rockets going knowing full well it could be very dangerous around that area if a cable snapped? I'm not so sure

As somebody rightly pointed out on Coasterforce, there is always the possibility that somebody is standing underneath the launch track when the cable snaps. I'm sure it could be fatal if a thick, heavy, metal cable swung and hit somebody at a high speed...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...