Scorpion Express

Dan9

• 2 weeks later...

gone of the days when this ride used to always have 60minute queue now its barley 10 I feel ever since the Rodeo left the ride has been limping on one foot!

I'm beginning to think you're trolling to be honest, Runaway is the most popular family ride in the park. I regularly had queues at 45 minutes when I operated it in the 2007/2008 season. And Mikey had long queues all the time when he operated it last year.

I'm beginning to think you're trolling to be honest, Runaway is the most popular family ride in the park. I regularly had queues at 45 minutes when I operated it in the 2007/2008 season. And Mikey had long queues all the time when he operated it last year.

It might just be when I was young I cant remember exactly. I do remeber going there when I was youunger expecting a huge queue and there was and the past few times I have been there have only been a shot waiting time not using the extended queue line (not having to use fastrack)what was it like to operate it I have always wanted to operate one of the rides.

Runaway Train is the best ride to operate at Chessington. It has an interaction factor that is second to none and the manual way it is operated means you always concentrate on the ride.Mikey will agree with me that it is absolutely fantastic to control. :P

does it every get boring running it or is everyday another experience?

Runaway Train is the best ride to operate at Chessington. It has an interaction factor that is second to none and the manual way it is operated means you always concentrate on the ride.Mikey will agree with me that it is absolutely fantastic to control. :P

This x 1000. The interaction between staff and guests is what makes this ride a favourite of mine at Chessington. The ride is calling out to have costumed staff possibly more than any other at the park. I used to love it on days where it wasn't as busy where could could spend a bit more time interacting with guests- wishing happy birthdays, that sort of thing!

This x 1000. The interaction between staff and guests is what makes this ride a favourite of mine at Chessington. The ride is calling out to have costumed staff possibly more than any other at the park. I used to love it on days where it wasn't as busy where could could spend a bit more time interacting with guests- wishing happy birthdays, that sort of thing!

I likes the quote made by the alton runaway mine train staff member he said to our train would you like to go again so eveyone on the train goes yeah...... then he says queue lines over there. that was rather good and the same with the chessington I feel it makes your day when you get staff and guest communication.

That is the first thing I notice when I visit CWoA to TP - Staff actually talk to you and you don't feel like you're on a convayor belt system! E.g. "How many? Enjoy your ride. How many?"

I disagree. Quite a few of the staff at Thorpe are nice and friendly.The trouble is that quite a lot more aren't. It's really unfortunate.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's not hard, it's clear that Runaway Train was his first roller coaster, but as it's a powered coaster, and of a small size it doesn't "count", Vampire was therefore his first "proper" coaster. (gravity driven)Being difficult for no reason maybe?

Sorry I forgot everyone was meant to know about power driven and gravity driven coasters.

Well it's not exactly difficult to see that there's a difference between the two, and most of the GP do notice to be honest. And even then, you quite clearly know about it, so why be pedantic to a new member?

As far as I'm aware both Vampire and Runaway Train are rollercoasters and "coaster-like things". I wasn't that they are two completely different things so thanks for enlightening me.

Well it's not exactly difficult to see that there's a difference between the two, and most of the GP do notice to be honest.

Many a time I heard on Rattlesnake "Can you make the cars go faster."Trust me, the answer "I'll turn it onto it's highest setting" was believed by way to many people.