Scorpion Express

Dan9

If there's any park that's absolutely ruining they're rides right now it's definately Chessington. It's amazing how two of their best themed rides have been transformed in to their worst for 2013. Seriously the ride now looks like it belongs somewhere like Fantasy Island or Pleasure Land now.

So they are also dismantling the bridge? And I assume the cave and boiler shack have gone as well? Why?

In fact, they should remove the entire ride while they're at it and replace it with a modern family coaster. I can't really see the ride ever getting its old character back after this.

aren't they completely refurbishing the ride though, keeping the same theme? it was left to get in a such a bad state, same with dragon falls, if I'm correct in saying that the themeing was affecting the H&S of the ride as well... and since merlin have took over, they have waited too long to do anything about it until it's had to be completely removed, but on the other hand nice to see the whole park getting some attention with the £5million refurb, and hope to see the runaway train back better than before (although I won't keep my hopes up on that one too much), as well as dragon falls getting a retheme for next year!

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's a surprise (not really to be honest) but Chessington are now asking people to not just sketch ideas for Falls but Mine Train as well.

http://www.chessington.com/updates/#help-us

Despite first expectations, it sounds like Mine Train could well be SBNO for the whole of 2013 seeing as it states the ride will reopen with new theming in 2014 whilst it says Falls will be rethemed in 2014 but is currently open.

Looks like that's 2 rides down for the rest of the season.

With Dragon Falls I can see scope for building replacement theming that is not the same as the old but can still be good, maybe better even. I can't see the same thing being possible with RMT. It is essentially a small and pretty crappy ride made great by being partially enclosed by the rockwork, anything they do which does not enclose it in the same way can not be as good and rockwork is the natural choice for that effect.

Just put it the hell back to how it was.