Scorpion Express

Dan9

Another Mack powered ride, and this is a great one! Its located in Mexicana sitting near the Rattlesnake, and personally I think its on of Chessingtons most enjoyable rides. Its like the Flying Fish, but with the theme of RMT, its really a completely different ride! (Now I'm starting to do random blabble ;))Discussion on one of Chessingtons better rides here!

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

(OMG posts above from me in 2008 - No capital letters for ride names, said fright nights instead of Halloween Hocus Pocus and couldn't use smileys corectly. Omg thank god I don't do that anymore! :lol:)What I was going to post...I saw some lovely effects in the Runaway Train's queue line during the last Halloween Hocus Pocus.I really hope these effects are still operational during the 2010 season as they looked very good!Also, Runaway Train has been replaced with Kobra on the Express Pass ticket.However, Runaway Train is now available on the Ultimate Express Pass ticket.

Spose its cos of runaway always being the quietest of the 6 on EXP which has led to its removal. I'd presume that would've removed the EXP entrance as well - no stupid waiting on the stairs for noone to come anymore.I've also heard of the RMT repaint - and most of the effects in the queue working again. Noice, lets hope its happened so I can disregard my 2007 post above. Christ, over 2yrs ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Fun ride. I have a special place in my heart for this one as it was the first coaster I ever went on. I was terrified back then lol.It's hard to believe that it's the same track layout as Flying Fish. The reason why it's 100 times better than FF imo is becuase it's themed and very creative. It takes you through tunnels etc whereas Fish doesn't really do anything. Great ride!

Fun ride. I have a special place in my heart for this one as it was the first coaster I ever went on. I was terrified back then lol.It's hard to believe that it's the same track layout as Flying Fish. The reason why it's 100 times better than FF imo is becuase it's themed and very creative. It takes you through tunnels etc whereas Fish doesn't really do anything. Great ride!

I have to agree with everything you have said there comparing Runaway Train to Flying Fish!I love this ride so much and personally feel it has great theming!I also love how Runaway Train actually has staff using the PA instead of normal announcements as I always feel the powered coaster is a great ride for guest interaction! :P

a great ride for guest interaction! :P

It seriously is, myself or Mark will tell you just how awesome it is. I loved last summer when the queue was out of the entrance, with an awesome team on the platform, and literally queue busting like there was no tomorrow. And getting the whole queueline involved, talking to people on the platform, loved it! :P

• 4 months later...
The Flying Fish and Runaway Train are in fact exactly the same, same layout, same speed, same model, etc. In my opinion Runaway Train is far superior because is interacts so much more with theming and it feels very adventurous. Compare that to Flying Fish in which you just go around some drops and helixes with some dry ponds, it feels so bare.Glad you liked it, but they are the same ride! :blink:

Oh I like Runaway Train much better, I love the theming behind it. But I am quite surprised that it has exactly the same format as Flying Fish. I was screaming like hell when I went on Flying Fish, I felt like I was actually going to fall out of my seat lol and wanted it to stop.When I went on Runaway Train it wasn't scary at all, I could feel the helixes, bends but for some reason I find it alot tamer then the one at Thorpe Park.I told my mum this, and she was like maybe thats because you have already been on a tame roller coaster so it will seem less scary this time lol. I am quite proud of myself for finding it tame though . Next time I will try the Vampire ride.