Chessington Staff

Dan9

Saying that though, I have come across 2 really nice members of staff at Chessington (not there this year) awww!.

Do you mean they aint there this year as in 2009 or as in last year 2008? Also can I ask which staff members you are talking about as in descreption and departments because I might know who you mean.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean they aint there this year as in 2009 or as in last year 2008? Also can I ask which staff members you are talking about as in descreption and departments because I might know who you mean.

I mean 2009.:ninja:I am talking about Lauren (Guest services) and Vicky (Mexicana)Never have I felt so welcome in all my life

Okay, so I was meant to write this saturday but wanted to post it in this topic.The staff at Chessington on Saturday were so awsome!. They were so acomadating, friendly and just happy to help.Particualy I want to thank Nicky at Guest Services, Rob, Jack D, Harry, Franchesca and anne.I can't wait to go back after my holiday to see them again!:(

I think it depends on what sort of a day you go, the thing is, if you go on a busyer day at thorpe park, the staff are going to be stressy, and a bit worn out - which, when you have to deal with 10,000 or so people on a peak day is the least I would be. Chessingtons staff do seem to be a lot more relaxed, but that could be pinned down to the fact that they are not constrained to a concrete island, and have lots of shrubbery and plants and nice green things. You can't say this park or that park has better staff, because everybody is different. Situations are different. I know for a fact that when I leave chessington, I am never as hot and tired as when I leave thorpe, maybe it's the atmosphere, and maybe that's what chessingtons staff benefit from? On the other hand, I have never found chessingtons staff as casual or easy to talk to as thorpes.I also feel how both parks are sold has an effect on this as well. Chessington is sold as the sort of park you can spend a lazy day at with the family, have a great time, get scared and also act like a child again, thorpe park is an aggressivly fast paced, ride island, which gives no consideraton to comfort and maximum consideration to being scared and thrilled. Which one of those makes you more relaxed?

Spot on!Plus Chessie has the zoo! Yesterday when I went on break, I went to visit the meerkats :P THEY HAVE BABIES!! :D I love animals, so think it's great I can go and look at them where I work, I imagine it could be quite relaxing and a relief on a busy day, or if you're not having a good day. I've already noticed a huge difference between working there and at Thorpe. I'm finding it a lot easier to talk to guests, because most of them are families having a fun day out, and not teenagers causing trouble. And they have been to every ride and ridden it, instead of being told it's closed :PThere are some great members of staff at Thorpe, I'm just commenting on the difference between working at the two parks.

Chessington & Zoo's staff easily beat THORPE PARK's.My favs are Mark on Dragon's Fury, Kara on Vampire and Joanne, Front of House. :D just thought I would share! :D

I'm sure they'll appreciate that :D! Next time you visit Chessington go to guest services and tell them about any staff who you found to be very good, that way people like Mark can get rewarded for all of their hard work :P

The reward scheme changes each year. It can also range from alot of things. For me working there was more about the reward of making guests happy and meeting many new people. The rest is just a bonus.I have to say I think the staff last year at Chessington were alot better than this years staff. When I visited on the opening day the new staff were not very talkative and were standing around like it was the end of the world doing nothing. Come on guys it was the first day you should be excited. I wish I was still there I would make the staff happy and doing what they should do.

The reward scheme changes each year. It can also range from alot of things. For me working there was more about the reward of making guests happy and meeting many new people. The rest is just a bonus.I have to say I think the staff last year at Chessington were alot better than this years staff. When I visited on the opening day the new staff were not very talkative and were standing around like it was the end of the world doing nothing. Come on guys it was the first day you should be excited. I wish I was still there I would make the staff happy and doing what they should do.

For most of the staff it was there first day working at Chessington so they were nervous so they are bound to be a bit quiet and dont say much. That is what I think anyway. :blink:

I agree with Sheepie with this all staff members are there to be like that you need to have that extra edge and excitment to your personal self to work there. I would rather that than some guy going " get off now collect your bags and just leave please" being all suicidal.

• 5 months later...