Opening Times

Rich

By there not being a ride to escape to, off the top of my head I can't think of a ride where you can go on just to enjoy, or just to sit down for a bit. E.g Safari Skyway, Skyride, Duel even, Bubbleworks, etc. Part of why I think Thorpe is in dire need of a fantastic, world class dark ride.

Canada Creek Railway?

By there not being a ride to escape to, off the top of my head I can't think of a ride where you can go on just to enjoy, or just to sit down for a bit. E.g Safari Skyway, Skyride, Duel even, Bubbleworks, etc. Part of why I think Thorpe is in dire need of a fantastic, world class dark ride.

Thats why there is other places such as chessington and Alton Towers. Thorpe park wasn't really made for families. Well actually it WAS but they changed it for Teens and adults and so on. and besides there is Canada Creek Railway.

That's very unlikely as Thrill Chill got such low gate figures at times that they would barely even break even...

I didn't say that they actually did make money, I just said that that is the reason why they opened earlier for Thrill Chill. Their aim was to make money. Whether or not that happened, I don't know.

I didn't say that they actually did make money, I just said that that is the reason why they opened earlier for Thrill Chill. Their aim was to make money. Whether or not that happened, I don't know.

So in that case... aren't they open at the moment for the same reason... (and not all rides may be available... just like Thrill Chill).

My plans for the end of this year are to visit Hocus Pocus at Chessington during October sometime, and then visit Thorpe in November when hopefully it will be very quiet. I was a little annoyed that Blast isn't happening, but I suppose that is compensated with a quiet park to go to!

• 2 months later...

The nation's Thrill Capital is now closed. Thanks for making 2009 our best season ever, and we look forward to seeing you again in 2010 when we open on 18th March!

Thorpe have confirmed opening on 18th March which I guess we already worked out!Its going to be a long winter!