Old Vampire

Fred

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone have a picture of the main gate used for queuing for Vampire before it got moved next to the currently-deceased Fastrack?

RoweI think I know what entrance you are on about. (See picture below).Posted ImageApologies if it is not the entrance you were thinking of.Vampire.I never got to ride the older version of Vampire so I am basing this by videos and pictures.The older style Vampire does look really good but the new Vampire just looks amazing.I think it is better that your legs are free to dangle above the tree tops. (As the older trains did not allow you to do so).Either way I would imagine, Vampire is "Fangtastic"! :(

The old Vampire was just awesome. It felt much more of a complete experience. Much darker, more atmosphere and seriously had world class written all over it.The new Vampire is rough, the atmosphere it once had leaks out all over the place and don't even get me started on that queue line....On the up side though, it's a great first coaster for many people and is awesome for anyone who doesn't know any different.Similar could be said about the Bubbleworks.

• 2 months later...

Pathetic nowadays!

Erm... Excuse me!Vampire is no where near pathetic at all!Vampire is the most common ride at Chessington & Zoo along with Dragon's Fury.Most people end up visiting Chessington for Vampire!Also, Vampire has a low height restriction for young adventurers to enjoy roller coaster, along with being a great ride!If you think Vampire is pathetic at Chessington, then it is not the ride that is being pathetic! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be fair to the new trains. The old ones were very cramped for people in my family and quite restrictive. The new trains make it a lot easier to load and you have more freedom. It's those air-gates that do not perfectly align with their relative rows that get on my nerves.And then the amount of time the train spends coming in to the station. Surely there's no need to stop twice?

I think James has a very fair point - the amount of the fricking time people run down the stairs either onto the platform, into the path of an oncoming train or across the track. Fortunately they've got the set apart exits now but it's not easy at all.The trains would be a lot faster if it didn't stop twice but think of the massive stress that would be put onto both the brake fins and the brake plates themselves. Massive problems would eminate!

I think James has a very fair point - the amount of the fricking time people run down the stairs either onto the platform, into the path of an oncoming train or across the track. Fortunately they've got the set apart exits now but it's not easy at all.The trains would be a lot faster if it didn't stop twice but think of the massive stress that would be put onto both the brake fins and the brake plates themselves. Massive problems would eminate!

Fair point but what about the wear and tear on the mechanism for operating the brakes by stopping the train twice? It could work both ways unfortunately. I know it will make very little difference but I guess it's just another way of looking at it.Maybe just using the brakes once to do the main job of slowing it down to a stop then releasing to let the train move into into position and then stopping the train for loading/unloading? Not sure how easy it would be though, don't know if you would need sensors moved or if it's just a PLC update. :P