Thorpe Park - Opening Day Meet Up

Cringle

I couldnt sign-up its gave some error mssgAlso my sis is at her bf's and my parents maybe going away for the weekendIf they cant drive me, how else can I get there?

Yeah the happymeets thing has had a problem for a while.. tried to say my lovely friend is coming with. But nar, wasn't having any of it.Go by train, depending where they are.. should be easy.. use www.nationalrail.co.uk, www.thetrainline.com or www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk (more thorough without pricing) to find out public transport route.Oh, if you book in advance on website (erm.. friday at latest I believe).. £15.. well worth doing if you're definitely gonna go.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're meeting at midday Elementist! Welcome to the forums TF, again, nice to see another member from another forum posting on TPM! :PThere are various ways to get to Thorpe, I believe if you are coming from Wimbledon you need to get a train to Clapham Junction, then get a train towards Reading (or Windsor or and Eton Riverside) and leave the train at Staines. The 950 express bus to Thorpe leaves from outside the London Waterloo direction side platform, where the main station building and coffee bar is located. Simply cross the bridge, over the track, and then the bus should be directly in front of you. The bus costs £2 for this early part of the season. Trains leave Clapham and Wimbledon every half an hour in each direction.Everyone who has a Tussauds/Merlin Annual Pass must get their pass reprinted at the Annual Pass office on opening day; your current pass will not work on the turnstiles. The reprint will be free :P

Yeah the happymeets thing has had a problem for a while.. tried to say my lovely friend is coming with. But nar, wasn't having any of it.Go by train, depending where they are.. should be easy.. use www.nationalrail.co.uk, www.thetrainline.com or www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk (more thorough without pricing) to find out public transport route.Oh, if you book in advance on website (erm.. friday at latest I believe).. £15.. well worth doing if you're definitely gonna go.

Sorry, been kinda busy with other sites.It works now.

^ well even if they do cast the new peeps aside Thorpe fanatic, at leas all the new peeps will have each other :P :P

Everyone who has a Tussauds/Merlin Annual Pass must get their pass reprinted at the Annual Pass office on opening day; your current pass will not work on the turnstiles. The reprint will be free smile.gif

I already have my new pass printed! :P

:P Oh... I wanted to meet up with you guys after TP... but my parents won't let me... why? why do they have to be so cruel sometimes?? :P

It is understandable though. My parents were worried when I first went to a meet up, now they couldn’t care less what I do when out on a meet, whether it share a lift, or a hotel room. Once your parents are satisfied that it is safe, I bet they will be a lot more willing to let you do other things. :P

Errm, Elementist, I'm 14 :P.And phill, remember we wont be the only group of enthusiasts there on opening day, as at 11.30 is the Southparks meet up, so dont get us confused with them, so asking which forum you are is a good idea. Wow, this is like the first time ever we've had new people go to the meetups :P.And Quickey, ill be joining you...on first public inferno train of 2008! Hopefully.

I HAVE been allowed to go and my pars are CONFIRMED to drive me :) :PI will be there at 11:00 and later on tonight ill give my mobile number to Phil, quicky and thorpe fanatic, if that's ok so try and give me a ring at 10:00 am and I'll update u guys.What's zis first public train of nemmy inf?