Thorpe Park - Opening Day Meet Up

Cringle

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for me and Seb getting 1st Front row Stealth ride.

Posted ImageSome people may be interested to see this too :P

Lol... You look more scared than she does :)

And I'm sorry and felt bad for beth and steven having to get the bus :P

It doesn't matter.. we enjoyed ourselves lol.-----------------------------------------------------------Some pictures from my phone:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

hahaha I new you'd put that pic up..I knew it!!! Holz is going to be spitting mad with you Joe :)But you got to admit Holz looks scared infact so do youI loved my day guys and thanks to Mike, James and like everyone for an extremely cool day (will certain parts anyway :) )lol...you cant see me that well in the group pic..lol..I think you could just about see my head. I love the next pic with you guys before we arrived.grrr...Alex, Jo and everyone else were evil. You didn't let us join you. We got stuck to the back. Well Jess and Holly anyway lol:pMe and Frank just walked in and decided to tell you guys."Jump up and down Mike and Wave" Sorry Mike that was just so funny :PYep and thanks Marc and Mark for the lifts. Awesome guys!!

Hah, was truly funny when me, James and beth were in the Inferno queue, then seeing Mike and phoning him up saying to turn around :). Thanks for the fantastic day everyone who went, especially James, Beth and Mike who I really spent all of the day with!

When I get a job, ill get an annual pass + ppl that work at chessington get free ticksI could work at thorpe, driving lessons this summer and then there will be 3 ppl driving + joe whose 17 soon and there will never been a marc vs mark x 2 pickup routineObv we all were gratefulI hope to go to chessie and I could also drive ppl if we were to go to AT > our first TPM meet at altyWith 4 cars > 19 pplMark, my and joe (assuming) can fit 1 in front and 3 in back but marc can only fit 2 in back so 19I'd either be using my mum's nice, spacious BMW :) or my sister's 401 Peugot

Wow you really are planning ahead! I didnt know we were doing an AT meetup, let alone who driving! :)I dont think id be able to go to an Alton one, I dont go frequently (lucky to get one visit a year!) , and while my parents are starting to trust me having days with you fan peeps now, I doubt they'd let me get driven there by you. Especially to somewhere as far as Alton.

Patience young fanpeeps patience, discussion have been had!We would have plenty of drivers, as in the admin team alone Me, Mark, Marc, Ian and Mike can all drive. That's 20 people, and with the extra cost and distance of going to Alton I doubt we'd get more members than that able to attend. Not sure if Cringley has started driving yet or nots!But yes, have y'all a little patience! :)Dunno if I've posted about Thorpe the other day or not, but just to clarify, it was great fun, Nandos was teh r0x0r.

Patience young fanpeeps patience, discussion have been had!We would have plenty of drivers, as in the admin team alone Me, Mark, Marc, Ian and Mike can all drive. That's 20 people, and with the extra cost and distance of going to Alton I doubt we'd get more members than that able to attend. Not sure if Cringley has started driving yet or nots!But yes, have y'all a little patience! :)Dunno if I've posted about Thorpe the other day or not, but just to clarify, it was great fun, Nandos was teh r0x0r.

Following on from that getting to Alton is a right bitch to be honest, meaning it would have to be an over-night stay in the local B&B or At's own hotel. Obviously being responsible for all the under 18's would come under Ian, Mike, Marc and I. Thats a hell of a big responsibility. Then theres parents not wanting people to go as it could be seen as dodgy. Thorpe is fine but Alton's a whole different kettle of fish.Obviously if you think we should attempt a trip there then let us know as we'd only put do it if we can get enough interest.

Yeah, the trains are good for getting up there, but from right down south it would take a while, and we couldn't hang around for anyone who may have been delayed or missed their train. However, the Daily Mail *cringe* have a special offer on again at the moment with discounted rail tickets, so it's a possibility.Trains have the advantage of being easier once you get on them, walk around, toilets, shops, no need for one person to worry about driving. However, they have the disadvantages of getting everyone to the station on time, and from the station to Alton Towers. Also, they generally cost more (factor in a cab from the station too).Cars on the other hand are much more flexible with timings and what not, also more options with regards to picking people up, time of travel. However with many cars you would be hard pushed to keep everyone together (see below), but I could conferance call on iPhone to make sure all is going as planned.Either way I'd want to properly organise this one, have a designated route given to all the drivers, initial meeting point of all the cars once they are filled with the right people, designated junctions to come off for food etc. Meeting points at the towers and what not, hotel rooms, times, meeting for dinner etc. It couldn't be done on the fly with a phone like Nandos was.

Of course trains are not as bad as people think they are - I've been able to get to alton by public transport within the time it has taken for us to drive there before.(and the fact it costs me £9 each way if I book a couple of days in advance)

Which is basically the same price as say 12 people going up by car. I have a hateness for trains at the minute purely because of the chances of delays and cancellations. Plus when you arrive up North you have to pay extra anyway for buses/taxis which could mean more waiting around. By car you have the luxury of stopping basically whenever you want on the way, freedom of music and you know that you will definitly get a seat :o . Yes its a pain for the people that have to drive but I know I don't mind driving up (and neither will others). I am up for a trip if others want to, it all depends on whether people want to stay in the hotels and what not.