London Eye

Cringle

The majority of roles at the parks/midway ARE zero hour contracts though... You pretty much just fill in a calender at the start of the year...

The difference you see between parks that retain their staff and ones that cycle every year is astounding... But since most staff at the UK parks are students, we won't see much of a change in this...

Project LC I was curious as there's been a huge amount of discussions from management teams and in the HR depts, who have had to put together contract and payment ideas, to avoid hitting bad press. I'm sorry if you thought it was uneducated. It's hot topic for Merlin currently.

I'm more ranting at the media that creates the bad press. The whole zero hour contract problem is non-existent and so the media blows any story way out of proportion. More jobs created since 2010 than the rest of Europe combined and the likes of the BBC say that is a bad thing. I've had enough of it and as a result I sort of aimed my rant at you when I shouldn't have. So sorry about that, I was talking about the whole UK rather than Merlin.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to the discussion - but London Eye pays amazingly compared to Sealife/Dungeons/Shrek next door - all of which pay their hosts £6.50 per hour.

London Eye most staff are permanent and on a salary basis, purely from the days of it being BA sponsored, so they still 'benefit' from that.

• 2 years later...