London Dungeons

Cringle

Went to the dungeons for the second time today (First went in 2013). We pre booked tickets, it was very busy and we went in at our time slot. My mum was pissed because we had to wait another FORTY minutes to get into the attraction.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The seance was very clever but a bunch of immature boys spoiled it a little. There were signs saying Drop Dead would not be operating, but imagine my surprise as it was! I'm not keen on drop towers, but I liked it a lot.

I wouldn't say it was scary for me but I loved it!

• 2 weeks later...

It did make me wonder why loads of stock was on sale when I visited in October... A pretty hefty project for a Christmas thing... I reckon it will be permanent personally.

Yes, and surely there is enough space in County Hall for a gift shop elsewhere, perhaps a combined gift shop serving both the Dungeons and other attractions (Shrek, Sea Life etc)?

I hope they make full use of the size of the giftshop area - it looks like form the video they will.  

Will be nice to have a free drink (and they'll make money from people buying more drink).

I wonder if you can come in from the "outside" and just have a drink?

I also hope (and presume) this will be a brand new experience that will last beyond just the Christmas season?

New permanent shows inside the dungeon, please. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went through the dungeons tonight and to my utter surprise Tavern is now open! it's so well themed and the drink selection is good. you get to the entrance if it's a bit full you have to wait but you get given a token and then either go to the bar to get your drink (alcoholic or non alcoholic) or you can just leave and keep your token as a souvenir. also what is awesome is you can use your phone in there and there is free wifi.... Dungeon Selfies :D!! 

Went through the dungeons tonight and to my utter surprise Tavern is now open! it's so well themed and the drink selection is good. you get to the entrance if it's a bit full you have to wait but you get given a token and then either go to the bar to get your drink (alcoholic or non alcoholic) or you can just leave and keep your token as a souvenir. also what is awesome is you can use your phone in there and there is free wifi.... Dungeon Selfies :D!! 

Awesome!  I am sure this was just for previews as they haven't had their press opening yet. 

Glad to hear it's well themed!  Is there still Dungeon tat to buy from somewhere?  I do wonder if they will merge giftshops... 

Awesome!  I am sure this was just for previews as they haven't had their press opening yet. 

Glad to hear it's well themed!  Is there still Dungeon tat to buy from somewhere?  I do wonder if they will merge giftshops... 

There is none in the Tavern, the only thing you  can actually buy as a gift at the dungeons are the photos, I couldn't see any dungeon themed merch anywhere else! unless they plan to change that after Tavern officially opens but at the moment there is no merch to buy from what I've seen! 

The Tavern really is a great piece. It's so authentic and with a facade could escape as a century bar.

The theming inside is so intricate and detailed, and the atmosphere was equally well done. I much prefer this then a big, full of toot shop!

(although, there is a little shop at the end where you can buy pencils, key chains and lollies and whatnot)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...