Madame Tussauds London

Cringle

Star Struck? well just head down to madame tussauds in London! Start your day by sneaking past the paparazzi and attend a photo shoot with Kate Moss. Then mingle with Brad, Angelina and all the other stars in your very own premiere party before taking your challenge in the Big Brother Diary room. And theres so much more...But wait! its not just London - Madame Tussauds New York, Madame Tussauds Las Vegas, Madame Tussauds Amsterdam, Madame Tussauds Hong Kong and Madame Tussauds Shanghai.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm afraid I can't help you there... though this topic has reminded me about some recent improvements to the Spirit of London ride!Whether they're totally new effects, or just ones that have been re-instated, they made a huge improvement to the ride experience and this is now my second favourite dark ride in the UK (I class Hex as a dark ride :)).Basically right at the beginning, there were strobe lights, acting as a "gateway", taking you back in time, this was coupled with a wind effect and was a neat way to start the ride. The next noticeably improved effect was the "Black Death" scene. Where bodies are lying on the cart there is a smell of rotting flesh/ general rankness. Also there were other subtle improvements around the ride such as smoke. Overall the ride seemed very looked after and well maintained, even if the animatronics are seriously outdated. :)

Spirit of London did look great. obviously it was my first ride, but still it looked great, wasn't expecting such a long ride, considering the Tussauds building looks quite small from the outside. I don't remember seeing strobe lights but I remember the horrid smells well! Some of the animatronics are so old, but I think it adds to the quirkiness of the ride!The 4D film was also quite good, an interesting addition, the film was a little short but I imagine in peak times they have to get a lot of people through and anything longer than 10 minutes would affect the flow.

• 1 month later...

Who's looking forward to the new one at Blackpool?That's what I thought :)

Charming. Some of us happen to live in Blackpool and work for Madame Tussauds Blackpool Posted ImageAll I'm going to say is if you're up this way its worth a visit, perhaps later in the year (September / November) when the Tower is open too. Blackpool's attraction has a lot coming in that London doesn't have Posted Image

• 4 months later...

I went to the London Madame Tussauds with my friends over the weekend and we found it kind of bitter sweet really.I was just wondering if there where times when it was less busy, we found it a nightmare, it seemed like such a small space and was really crowded, people where pushing and barging everywhere and it was difficult to get pictures without being shoved or someone walking in the way and then several of the figurines we were excited for weren't there unfortuntely which I know can't be helped but it didn't help our experience and plus we thought that we would be able to go back through later and see if it was any less busy, but we went through and found we couldn't go back and missed out on those popular waxworks that it was a real battle to get near.It was good but the ammount of people and over crowding rather ruined it for us, so we where hoping to visit again during the less busy period.

I went to the London Madame Tussauds with my friends over the weekend and we found it kind of bitter sweet really.I was just wondering if there where times when it was less busy, we found it a nightmare, it seemed like such a small space and was really crowded, people where pushing and barging everywhere and it was difficult to get pictures without being shoved or someone walking in the way and then several of the figurines we were excited for weren't there unfortuntely which I know can't be helped but it didn't help our experience and plus we thought that we would be able to go back through later and see if it was any less busy, but we went through and found we couldn't go back and missed out on those popular waxworks that it was a real battle to get near.It was good but the ammount of people and over crowding rather ruined it for us, so we where hoping to visit again during the less busy period.

if it wasn't for the City of London Taxi ride I wouldn't give Maddame Tussauds the time of day. It's quiet dead on opening but thats about.

• 1 year later...

Right guys, I'm off to Madame Tussaud's tomorrow and I was wondering if you could give me some advice?

I was wondering how scary scream was and if it was suitable for me(I'm 12) and if it was too scary for me to go in on my own as my friend does not want to venture in because he found the mazes at fright night really horrible!

Also is the taxi ride violent, scary or has any drops because I was just wondering what I'm in for :P

Thanks guys

Spirit Of London (Taxi Ride) is in my opinion one of the best dark rides in the UK, and for me probably my favourite within the UK. It goes through a lot of history the atmosphere is brilliant and it's a casual slow ride for the entire family and is suitable for the very young and very old. That's all I will say in terms of that attraction as don't want to spoil you the details but you will love it!

In terms of Scream, some people will get scared by it but in terms of scare mazes this one is relatively weak. Rather than going in groups of 8-10 they practically let the whole queue go in at once, so you don't really get to much attention from the actors like you would elsewhere. Your 12 now, the maze is suitable for you and personally cannot see you having a problem with it. Go in and try it and tell us what you think ^_^

Enjoy your day out tomorrow, good to see you making use out of your pass :D

Thanks Peaj your a real help :)

I will go in scream if the queue isn't too long! I feel desperate to go in now but I bet I am gonna get scared :P fright night is also on the cards this year for me aswell...

I am going in 30 minutes but can anyone tell me if it is like a maze where you have to find your way out or is there a clear way to go? Thanks guys

EDIT: scream was absolutely epic- I really did enjoy it although I was really freaked out!

Full review coming soon...

• 1 month later...