Madame Tussauds London

Cringle

It'll probably just be another wax figure.

I don't think it'll move to County Hall. There's too much to move - the ride, specifically! I'd be devastated if that wouldn't make a return.

Also the building holds too much historical importance - as it's the original Madame Tussauds.

Also, forgive me, if they were to move the attraction, we'd have discovered the plans online somewhere - and they'd have been working on it for a much longer time a la the Dungeon. They wouldn't announce it and then re-open it a year later as it would drive the punters away from the Baker Street attraction.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Ooh, found this on YouTube...

Footage from 1993, with the Spirit of London at the end. Doesn't seem like much has changed with the ride since then - the year it opened! (Although the photo man doesn't say "Oi oi oi!" etc)

I've often wondered (and can't seem to find an answer on the internet) if John Wardley had any involvement in the ride. I know he did some work for them on animatronics, and given the quality of the ride, one would assume he was involved, but it's not actually stated anywhere. Hmm...

• 4 months later...

I understand that YouTube is a big thing for young people but I've only heard of Alfie and as far as I'm aware I didn't even know he was that popular... There's a difference between celebrities and YouTube personalities. It's like putting Holly Willabooby in Madame Tussauds. If you're going to put YouTubers in, make it at least the most famous ones with the ridiculous amount of subscribers (like Pewdiepie with his 34 million...)

Yes - when I was at the Fright Night's VIP Event - some young people were in the area with us - and they were being hounded by the young people also walking through the dome as they entered the park.  One was screaming for someone called Harry...  I thought it was Harry from One Direction... shows how much I know.

It's interesting how they just play video games and record themselves doing so and they get 346643344 Billion views on YouTube.

That girl Zoe they're doing at Madame Tussauds makes £20,000 a day from her views.  Imagine how much Google rake in!

The only British YouTuber I know and admire is Stuart Ashen.  Look him up if you want endless laughs!

Yes - when I was at the Fright Night's VIP Event - some young people were in the area with us - and they were being hounded by the young people also walking through the dome as they entered the park.  One was screaming for someone called Harry...  I thought it was Harry from One Direction... shows how much I know.

It's interesting how they just play video games and record themselves doing so and they get 346643344 Billion views on YouTube.

That girl Zoe they're doing at Madame Tussauds makes £20,000 a day from her views.  Imagine how much Google rake in!

The only British YouTuber I know and admire is Stuart Ashen.  Look him up if you want endless laughs!

Stuart Ashen is hilarious 

I've often wondered (and can't seem to find an answer on the internet) if John Wardley had any involvement in the ride. I know he did some work for them on animatronics, and given the quality of the ride, one would assume he was involved, but it's not actually stated anywhere. Hmm...

John was not involved, Spirit of London was done entirely by Tussauds Studios. It was their second dark ride after The 5th Dimension at Chessington.

There were plenty of great attraction studios in the UK back then, it's thanks to them that a lot of classic rides were built and a lot but not all were based on John's ideas. :) In fact Spirit is the only one I can think of from the 90s that hasn't been totally vandalised!

• 1 month later...

So I got to see the new Star Wars exhibition this evening. I'm not a fan of the franchise by any means, but it is very good! It starts in a way at the end of the Marvel 4D film, which I liked, and the whole section is well themed - even with mist in Yoda's swamp. Lots of interaction and of course great photo opportunities too!

d0635ec7b8e751281957da6263068be2.jpg

1d45d2c117c4f00ff3d539e65ebc9759.jpg

b9cd94be446de3e30ff735456d2e6722.jpg

79097c9207250ec84ea203cb8059b466.jpg

8229e882d02719577464808f3df217c6.jpg

ea4a0479ccba65cbac6a239e18f2704a.jpg

There is a good photo opportunity here - you can't see it in the photo, but to the right, you can stand and pose/reach out :P

94fb68bfae20b704ca3cffaf1628b9e8.jpg132594ccc17bc472aeb5176cf8e45144.jpg

ARGH!

7488335e3e5a6c784d6ae11f09120590.jpg

5a7d45d1b6272fa5cbf6eb977e8607a1.jpg

You can sit next to Chewbacca and fly! :lol:

b0a90a3e8c0bd839794df63d8bee7ee3.jpg9471121d5bcafe31e34cd778c3878622.jpg

https://vimeo.com/128541909

Interactive-ness! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Madame Tussauds last friday and had a great time. Got to see the new Star Wars section [which is after the Marvel film and trasitioned nicely]. They've done a great job in the area the figures are located and being a fan of the franchise I thought it was well done.

I vlogged the day and you can see the video here

• 10 months later...