Madame Tussauds London

Cringle

Was the horror thing ever busy? I don't think people would want to do it as Madame Tussauds has a different audience to the dungeon brand.

The last time I did it the area as a whole was quite busy and the queue for the walk through was rather long. But they ruined it by making it a free flowing maze so it never seemed that busy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The last time I did it the area as a whole was quite busy and the queue for the walk through was rather long. But they ruined it by making it a free flowing maze so it never seemed that busy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I never did it. what was it like?

• 3 months later...

https://www.madametussauds.co.uk/london/en/latest-news/newest-wax-figures/the-sherlock-holmes-experience/

Surprised no-ones mentioned this here. The Sherlock Holmes Experience opened at Madame Tussuads just over two weeks ago.

A show called "The Games Afoot" is also running until September 30th for six nights a week. Over 16's only for this one: www.thegamesafoot.co.uk

21 hours ago, MilesK said:

https://www.madametussauds.co.uk/london/en/latest-news/newest-wax-figures/the-sherlock-holmes-experience/

Surprised no-ones mentioned this here. The Sherlock Holmes Experience opened at Madame Tussuads just over two weeks ago.

A show called "The Games Afoot" is also running until September 30th for six nights a week. Over 16's only for this one: www.thegamesafoot.co.uk

Interesting, the statue of Sherlock is less than a hundred metres away, and the Sherlock Holmes museum is only 500 metres. Elementary really.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Be good to see what they've done here, I imagine it'll work better in the controlled and liniar Madame Tussauads than similar efforts do in a theme park environment. I'm a bit confused by the wording used, they keep referencing it as a 'game', when it looks to be more like a walk-through than an escape room or similar? 

Be interesting to see what this is all about and how people rate it. I recall I did Scream... once... and there was only two (or maybe three) of us went through and it was actually really good, and intense. Caught me by surprise. Regret not having gone through it more if I'm honest.

Evening. Just got back from Tussaud's, and I must say, I left very disappointed with Alien: Escape. I aquirre this both to my stupidly high expectations, and the shortness of the experience. After no more than 90 seconds of incoherence, it was clear to see that upon exiting, the nervously grinning faces of the public (including myself), had reduced to a confused "is that it?" look. It had the theming, the lighting, the energy, but it just lacked content. Whilst I can't deny I jumped a couple of times, it in no way had me dying to rerun, which a solid attraction should accomplish. I do understand Tussaud's had very little space to work with, but that in no way should justify the unneeded spontaneity it gave off. Based off of this run - I hate to admit it - but it's a no from me. Oh, and I did the Sherlock experience for the first time today. Didn't think it could get any worse, but it bloody well did. And I paid for the pleasure! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I did Tussauds for the first time ever today.  The whole concept never really appealed to me, and the added effort of going to it specifically meant I'd never done it, and the majority of the IPs aren't things that interest me.  Some 'review' things are the shows / ride...

Alien

So we arrived at Tussauds for opening (10am), but Alien didn't open till 10:30.  Annoying since it's at the start of thing.  It's an alright little scare attraction, made me jump once, and some good theming.  Given the space they had, they've done well with it.

Not sure I would ever want to pay extra for it though.  Not worth that.

Sherlock Holmes Experience

This was fun, nice and interactive (perhaps too interactive, verging on awkwardness).  I enjoyed it though, and the end of the story made me chuckle and I thought it was quite clever.

Not sure I would ever want to pay extra for it though.  Not worth that.  Though I'd be more willing to pay extra for it over Alien due to the length of it (even though I'm more a scare fan).

Spirit of London

I liked this.  Some good scenes (I loved the plague stuff), and just good fun in general, with a nice little charm to it.  I was disappointed that some of the animatronics weren't working - in particular the carousel.  Bit poor when someone who's never been can notice what's not working.

Marvel 4D

Again, I liked this, even though I'm not a Marvel fan.  Though I haven't done many, this is one of many favourite 4D films (probably only bested by Pirates 4D).  It was fun, had humour and a good story.  The effects were good and used well, and in general I just really enjoyed it.

The end of the story was a bit weird and too cheesey - why are they thanking us and saying we were great and the real heroes when we literally did nothing? :P

So yeah, all in all, it's a nice little thing.  Glad I ticked it off the list and made a bit more use out of my Merlin Annual Pass.  But it's not my thing, and never in a million years would I have paid for it, or any of the add ons...

From when I last experienced it about 10 years ago, sounds like it's gone waaaaayyyy downhill and become 'just another midway', but still decent. Shame Spirit of London was noticeably broken - it's an amazing ride, one of the last intact fantastic things from that ambitious Tussaudsy era!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...