Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

Zebraman

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

CYyPIgkU0AASy0U.jpg

Trains for this are arriving! And with Montu and surrounding area closed until 4th February they're really speeding along.

Lots of photos at http://www.wildgravitytravels.com/cobras-curse-construction-update-1-busch-gardens-tampa/ showing the station, transfers and maintenance etc. Most of the track is up, just the vertical lift and dive under the train tracks as the finale to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently the trains for this get revealed soon, I've heard talk of tomorrow. They wanted to do Mako first for some reason.

12741883_10153783685235239_5631933522157

One of the pulleys for the tower with the logo in it which is a cool touch. Egypt reopens a few days as well. Montu has had a little repaint apparently the lift is now up.

CbHapDFWAAMrOMJ.jpg

Snake structure is going up too

CbHaxVwWIAAQLji.jpg

CbHmNlwWAAAVF_u.jpg

Bioreconstruct on twitter.

Busch also posted this on their FB.

12669723_10153777788305239_8363905281127

True love right there

• 2 months later...

So, apparently Montu is running like it used to when brand new, with no trims and the MCBR not slowing down trains. Just need Kumba to do the same, keep them that way and you've got an amazing pair!

As for  Cobra's Curse, it began testing same time as Mako, I wouldn't be surprised if it opens at a similar time early to mid June.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wanted to check back in and share a trip report about this park. Most of it is covered in the video below, but key points.
- Cobra's Curse was pretty cool, not the best coaster I've been on but certainly good fun and the queue system had a few cool features to keep you occupied.
- We didn't get to ride Falcon's Fury due to high winds :( but all that means is I have to go back some day and do that. It is enormous but looks great fun.
- If I had to pick, Montu might be my favourite. Cheetah Hunt was fun but my least favourite due to the hour long queue and very short ride. Everything else was walk on for us!
- Sheikra. Do it.

• 1 year later...

*blows dust off*

So Tigris (Premier Sky Rocket) opens this year, and the park took the opportunity when promoting it last night to announce the official death of Gwazi and become the biggest RMC ever...

Just bumping this topic in preparation for the construction...

Much excite.

One thing which interests me is that this is said to be North America's tallest hybrid (so taller than Steel Vengeance at 205ft), but not the world. Presently, the tallest non-American hybrid is Wildfire (180ft) though Zadra will overtake that (200ft). So presumably Zadra's current slated height is wrong, but I guess there could be a surprise RMC popping up in the world next year still?

**Adds to the book of reasons to go to Orlando**

Honestly looks sublime and should hopefully prove an immense coaster and addiction to the park.

Whether this will be Steel Vengeance level, remains unknown currently but should still be great regardless. I never rode Gwazi, so cannot comment on that regard.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...