Zebraman

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

I can see this very much being of the same style as Zadra in the sense it will focus on intensity and speed over airtime. Wherever or not that’s a bad thing will depend entirely on your preference. This could very well be the best coaster in Florida when it opens and when you then add in the three B&M masterpieces at Busch, the park will have one heck of a coaster line up.

Cant wait to get out there in 2021

Screenshot_20200619-153616_Messenger.thumb.jpg.4e0a79a5506089f52aca69e4d3ff2ee4.jpg

Fred Grubb of RMC filling suit against Busch Gardens. Busch still owe RMC 3 and a half million dollars of the rides 9 million cost.

Poor form from both in my book. Busch really should and could have paid way before but bit poor of RMC to time this with the park only just opening post lockdown.

On a side note. ONLY 9 MILLION FOR AN RMC!!?? 😮

6 minutes ago, Martin Doyle said:

On a side not. ONLY 9 MILLION FOR AN RMC!!?? 😮

Yes, but actually no.

$9m is for the labour and materials, which may or may not include the partial deconstruction of the original Gwazi where required (it's not clear). But there's lots of extra costs, from things to station building, pathways, etc, to other contractors required and other stuff. Not forgetting things like marketing and all that other stuff. Those costs will all add up VERY quickly.

To be fair, it's not that surprising that a RMC conversion sounds cheap. The base is there - literally! - so in terms of raw materials, you're paying for significantly less. That reduces costs for labour, groundworks, etc by a lot too. 

I expect a ground-up RMC is much more expensive.

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

Yes, but actually no.

$9m is for the labour and materials, which may or may not include the partial deconstruction of the original Gwazi where required (it's not clear). But there's lots of extra costs, from things to station building, pathways, etc, to other contractors required and other stuff. Not forgetting things like marketing and all that other stuff. Those costs will all add up VERY quickly.

To be fair, it's not that surprising that a RMC conversion sounds cheap. The base is there - literally! - so in terms of raw materials, you're paying for significantly less. That reduces costs for labour, groundworks, etc by a lot too. 

I expect a ground-up RMC is much more expensive.

The thing is though, some RMC's only really roughly use the existing structure (RMC Gwazi is a brilliant example of this). But in general, they are usually a fairly budget manufacturer and a good deal. Zadra only cost around 12.5 million pounds, which for a Hyper coaster with over 4,000 feet of track, it really speaks to how economical RMC is.

Remember RMC got their start with Six Flags, they got their start working for a chain that infamously only builds cheap rides. Their Raptor model probably doesn't cost much either, especially considering a random waterpark in South Dakota just reportedly just bought one.

2 hours ago, Martin Doyle said:

Poor form from both in my book. Busch really should and could have paid way before but bit poor of RMC to time this with the park only just opening post lockdown.

How is this poor from RMC?

If I built a coaster, I would want my money upfront Covid or no Covid.

Also wouldn't it be fun if RMC decided to open the ride as a $30 upsell in the park until the payments were made.

By the sounds of it, the Seaworld company owe money for Ice Breaker and Emperor as well. One could presume that a lot of the final payments were due for all these attractions just as park closures and furloughs hit. I doubt Seaworld would want to be sued by RMC, B&M, Intamin & Premier all at the same time...