Zodiac

Garyy

I believe that particular Enterprise opened at Drayton Manor in 2002, but was then brought over to Thorpe in 2006 due to the older one being knackered pretty much(?) falling to bits and smashing some children into the floor resulting in a multi thousand pound payout.

This is correct,

Formerly known as Cyclone at Drayton Manor often it was suggested it was sold due to the noise complaints by locals ;) on the note of zodiac I wish they would theme it like the old Zodiac was...Looked a lot better for the area and less out of place

• 1 year later...

This is why I link the idea of having a scroller on the main page, which has the latest updates about ride closures, weather disruptions, etc. It is quite bad that no where on line have they mentioned about Slammer being closed, for example.

We can only hope the website update next month will bring about a way for guests finding out if a ride will be closed...

Zodiac was closed all day Tuesday with no signs of life on the ride all day.

Haven't seen the ride down as much since the mid Tussaud's era when they still had the original ride.

I think the return of the park scroller on the site would be a great move, as it gives guests planning to visit updates on events, disruptions and closed rides and are more prepared for worst case scenarios.

Its swings and roundabouts, is anyone going to cancel a trip to thorpe because Zodiac is closed? Id say its a safe bet they wont, If it was Stealth on the other hand maybe, and when a major ride is shut Thorpe do display it on their site.

Whilst it's true no one is going to cancel their trip because Zodiac is closed, it's just good customer service really to display somewhere on the website if a ride is going to be unavailable on a certain day. Nicer to know before you arrive as opposed to when you get through the gates, isn't it?

Random, but when did this dispute arise again? I haven't seen them display closed rides on their website for years. The last one I remember was a banner across the Slammer ride page stating it was closed!

I thought 2012 was the last time they had the scroller, which updated with general info, including if rides were closed?

Could be wrong there though. Still think it's a worthwhile thing to do; not just for Thorpe, but for all parks really!

I'm always of the mindset that transparency of information to guests is a good thing. You never know, little Jimmy could be a massive fan of Zodiac, and since Thorpe are going for the family appeal approach again they have to bear that in mind ;) If Jimmy's Mum and Dad know before they set out that it's closed, they can buy him a McDonalds on the way to make up for it! :lol:

I thought 2012 was the last time they had the scroller, which updated with general info, including if rides were closed?

Could be wrong there though. Still think it's a worthwhile thing to do; not just for Thorpe, but for all parks really!

It was 2012, if not 2011. I remember it saying Stealth and Slammer were unavailable.

• 2 months later...

It did indeed re open yesterday at some point during the day. 

I don't think it was ever mentioned on the forums, but Zodiac now has a new system on the ride. You cannot just undo the seat belts anymore like you used to be able to. It's now got a button on it to release the seat belts and the operator has control in the console to lock or unlock the seat belts. It's just a lot more safer really, not saying anyone would but you could of just been able to open the door while the ride was in operation.

• 8 months later...

Didn't want to start a new topic re: Zodiac and have trawled through these pages. Ok so, um, Zodiac is the only ride at Thorpe which I have yet to ride.  I think what puts me off was back in 2001 when my sister came off of it looking a lovely shade of green and feeling ill for a good hour or so.  Having said that, I take some fab anti-sickness tablets which I swear by.  The whole thing about no seatbelts etc doesn't really bother me, I just don't particularly want to yack up on or in front of people (slight phobia).  Is it really bad for dizziness/nausea or was my sister being a plank?! :lol: Cheers!

I find it relaxing to the point of being pretty boring. The forces aren't that great or constant and I don't find doing a vertical circle anything like as nauseating as a horizontal one.

I don't ride it because there are better things to do, and a little bit because of that video of one on fire!

And also, HAN!!!!!!!!

No ride has ever made me feel as sick as Zodiac does, avoid at all costs!!

Ahhhh dammit!

I find it relaxing to the point of being pretty boring. The forces aren't that great or constant and I don't find doing a vertical circle anything like as nauseating as a horizontal one.

I don't ride it because there are better things to do, and a little bit because of that video of one on fire!

And also, HAN!!!!!!!!

Relaxing??!  Really? :lol: Ah yeah I've seen the vid of one on fire - scary stuff.  Think if I do ever go on it it will be on a very empty stomach.

And also, PLUK!!!!!! :good: