Zodiac

Garyy

Actually it doesn't - there are two variations of the Enterprise, which are NOT made by Huss:Schwarzkopf - build Enterprises with either 16 or 21 gondolas, as opposed to Zodiac and Enterprise's 20.Heinz Fahtz - build Enterprises with only 16 gondolas, as opposed to Zodiac and Enterprise's 20.That picture is from The Flat Joint, which isn't a terribly reliable nor concise source of information (imo), and the 'Enterprise' shown isn't an Enterprise, it is a prototype Sky Lab (equivalent to an Enterprise as a Frisbee XL is to a Frisbee; so just... bigger really) at Canada's Wonderland.

I doubt Huss would really bother making different sizes of Enterprises, espeically with such a small difference like people seem to be making out. As I said before, if you have been on Zodiac or Enterprise, you can never really tell what height your at during the ride. I mean you can probably tell when your upside down, but your not going to be thinking at the top 'ZOMG this really feels 0.574cm taller than Zodiac!!'. If you get what I mean.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

My teacher tryed to tell me that the force pulls you inwards, I dont think so because if it pulled you inwards you would be on the roof of the cage.

Your teacher is right. It's the argument over centrifugal force vs. centripetal force. The former being a force that doesn't actually exist. What is at play is centripetal force. Centrifugal force suggests you are being put under a force which is pushing away from the centre of the circle and thus pushing you into the seat. But, this is not the case and will never be the case for any type of motion. Centripetal force is when you are forced inwards and towards the centre of the circle. All moving objects want to travel in a straight line unless an external force is applied to them (centripetal force in the case of Zodiac.) If the bottom of the cage were to suddenly drop out, you would be flung from the ride in a straight line where gravity would cause you to fall and change the straight line into a curve. The bottom of the cage stops you from being flung out (thank god) and causes you to constantly change direction and travel in a circle around the centre. The bottom of the cage forces you inwards towards the centre and constantly changes your direction. This helps you stay in your seat! So yes, you are being pulled inwards. You aren't on the roof of the cage as your body wants to travel away from the ride in a straight line out the bottom of the cage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

No,before that.

The original 'Enterprise' opened at Thorpe Park in 2000 and the later replacement in 2006. Neither Rush or Slammer are newer to the park (as these opened in 2005).

Marc's post, which was written in 2006, in the context of the conversation back then, was saying about when the replacement - which, as you say, came in 2006 - originally opened.

I believe that particular Enterprise opened at Drayton Manor in 2002, but was then brought over to Thorpe in 2006 due to the older one being knackered pretty much(?) This has probably been mentioned before in this thread, but can't be bothered to trawl through that.

So, in context, Marc was right...

I believe that particular Enterprise opened at Drayton Manor in 2002, but was then brought over to Thorpe in 2006 due to the older one being knackered pretty much(?) This has probably been mentioned before in this thread, but can't be bothered to trawl through that.

I believe that particular Enterprise opened at Drayton Manor in 2002, but was then brought over to Thorpe in 2006 due to the older one being knackered pretty much(?) falling to bits and smashing some children into the floor resulting in a multi thousand pound payout.