Ticket Prices

Marc

I see why the online prices are so low.. you have to find them first.

I just clicked the lil Ticket Prices thing in the right hand menu, not to hard ;pAnd I recon there right, that or EVERY price on there is wrong, if you compare prices for the various tickets £24 seems right.

£24 is mental, thats £6 under Chessingtons apparent prices for the year, and even more savings than legoland. If any parks should lower, it should be those two to boost demand and gate figures, not thorpe!

Peter, you don't need to turn it into a negative. After years of the park prices going up and up and up, having a park with the price actually decreasing is good news for the park. If it stays at £24 I may actually praise Thorpe for bucking the trend.Good decision there Thorpey :P

Argh I got excited then. Yeah they're now £32 on the day. £24 online.Hopefully there'll be a load of money off vouchers as usual :PThe thing that concerns me the most is the child ticket... I actually think £16 isn't too bad, but £21 is pushing it a little bit, considering that they can't really go on many rides at all. People are gonna say that there are loads, but I'm sorry, the rides that are available to them are an insult to any child with an imagination.Although, my sister, being quite tall for her age, can now go on Rush, Quantum, Zodiac and Detonator- as she's finally 1.3 metres.:P

Peter, you don't need to turn it into a negative. After years of the park prices going up and up and up, having a park with the price actually decreasing is good news for the park. If it stays at £24 I may actually praise Thorpe for bucking the trend.Good decision there Thorpey :P

I'm not being negative.. its simple economics. If thorpe has near to full gate figures all the time, it doesn't make any financial sense to reduce it - if they want higher gate figures, they should reduce other parks ones. Plus £6 reduction should in terms create quite a large surge in demand.. capacity hit :P.Although we all know now that the website, yet again, got stuff wrong :P

Even though we know the website got it wrong, Peter you made it boring by bringing profits into it. As far as I am aware none of us here are part of Thorpe's financial department. I'm not really bothered if they make less of a profit then normal tbh with you..Now that the price is up at 32 it makes the arguement void really, unfortunantely.

"you made it boring by bringing profits into it"lol, I cant believe youve just said that? If thorpe fail to bring in a certain amount of money, they'll be unable to fund future investments? The whole point of thorpe park is to make money? how can you not make any refrence to the financial side when talking about ticket sales? if thorpe were all like you and said "nah, sod all that stuff. Its boring" where would we be? lol boring. I'm still in complete shock you even said that.

Because I do find it boring. Seriously, why do I care if Thorpe Park make a loss of 6 pound on every ticket sale they get through the door. "The whole point of Thorpe Park is to make money" .. yes I've heard that a LOT over the last four years, in fact when ever I think of Thorpe Park thats all people rat on about. But why should I care? Its not as if Thorpe making lots of money from admission sales makes my life any better. Being able to build bigger and better rides, again what does it matter to me? I'm losing interest in Theme Parks in general so rabbiting on about loss of financial sales = Snore. In other words let the people who have to make the money take interest in the profit side and instead look at it from a theme park visitor angle instead. 24 pound is an awesome price for The Uk's premiere thrill park. "oh but its losing profit." OH NO.

Mark, as you know.. you know I also get fed up with the profit statement.I was going on the gate figure perspective, which I mentioned in both the above points. Reducing it would increase gate figures.. which would increase people in the park (amazingly), and therefore queuetimes. Noone wants that really.So by reducing their entrance price that much would be a shot in the foot.. even if profits were brought into it, I doubt the increased secondary spending would cover the lower entrance price :P

I don't, lol. I don't really give much money to Thorpe.. I give how much I think they deserve for the service on that day, say buying 1 or 2 meals... depends on the quality of the service I receieve, Ride reliabilty etc. It appears the prices have gone up to £32.00 again online... better luck next year.

• 10 months later...

I know this is resurrecting an old topic, but according to the park's website HERE, Annual Passes price will be put uo to £150 for a single person on 1st January 2009. Until then, you can but an Annual Pass gift voucher for £122.34 and redeem it when you next go to an Merlin attarction.2009 ticket prices have yet to be released, but I now expect a rise to about £35.

• 2 weeks later...

So this year's main season 'on the gate' price is £35. (Alton's main season OTG price is £36).Didn't THORPE PARK start with £32 last year, then put it up to £33 *somewhen* between main season and summer, and then put it up again to £34 just before Fright Nights?If that's right, do you think we'll be expecting £37 on the gate entry to Fright Nights?I know there's virtually no one who pays the gate price, with all the Annual Pass and 2 for 1 deals but still, a little bit ouch.Nick Varney (the guy in charge of Merlin) said...“When people say to me we are expensive - well, for six to eight hours of high-quality entertainment and education, a clean environment and great customer service, then I say: ‘Please tell me why that's expensive.'”Interview: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle4601944.eceJust thought I'd throw this in and see what people think. I know everyone thinks Thorpe should clear up their park (and maybe act) a bit, but I for one think that since Merlin appeared on the scene they are trying their hardest to change things for the better.But still, does that justify a one day £35 entry?!

and when they increased their prices before scarefest they hadnt added any new free attractions that I'm aware of- you still had to pay on top to get in the mazes, whereas thorpe added the curse along with its other mazes all included in the £1 increased ticket price.

Alton Towers had Terror Of The Towers, that was free and it also did several other things around the park for Scarefest; Trick OR Treat Doors, The Haunting Of Alegnon's Attic, A spooky Themed Mutiny Bay Show, Actors In Duel & Haunted Hollow and more! Alton do also have SeaLife opening in 2009, so they do have a new attraction, even if it isn't a new rollercoaster. :huh:

Yeah it's not right at this stage, but who knows for the future. I'm talking like a decade or something down the line lol. Outrageous amount of money really. Guess it encourages people to book online/ buy APs/ use vouchers.Could we see this as an attempt of taking advantage of the credit crunch? In terms of people not going abroad, therefore gonig on domestic holidays or having days out. All equals increased gate figures for all the parks.

• 4 weeks later...

Online Ticket Prices at WWW.THORPEPARK.COM: Adult: £24.00 Child: £16.00 Family of 4: £72.00 Family of 5: £88.00 Senior: £20.00 Disabled / Helper: £16.00 Child under 1 metre: FREE On-the-day Ticket Prices:Adult : £35.00Child : £21.00Family of 4: £92.00Family of 5: £115.00Senior: £24.00Disabled / Helper: £20.00Child under 1 metre: FREE