Ticket Prices

Marc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you think of it from the parks perspective. The more people who prebook to them the better. It allows for them to spots days that are going to be busier or quieter than expected, which in turns allows for operational departments (like Rides, Retail, Food and Beverage, Admissions, Turnstiles, etc) to plan their staff requirements, training plans, etc...As well the cost to the park to sell tickets online is also cheaper. Now I'm not implying that it costs £11 per person to pay for admissions hosts, but arguably it is cheaper for the park per guest to have people buy online then get to the park.Finally figure that (even though going against popular belief on some of the forums :P ) a LARGE number of visitors enter the park using BOGOF or discount vouchers which cannot be redeemed online. Part of the reduction will be to reduce the cost from on the gate price to something nearer the actual amount a typical guest pays to enter the park.Other sites also do deals too, for example Buyagift were offering a 2 days for the price of 1 on some Thrillchill tickets. Not sure if that is still the case. Anyone who finds deals on Thorpe tickets why not post them here for other people to find.

Fair point didnt see it like that - will have to go for AP this year

• 2 months later...

The cheapest way to get into the park is Bounceback, which offer outstanding value in my opinion. (If you don't have an annual pass). Or, if it's your first visit of the season, use a 2 for 1 voucher on the day. They save so much money and can be found floating around all over the place.Booking online with Thorpe Park is such a waste of money. But then again, if there is any chance that the park may reach full capacity, that is the only way to go. (Unless you've got a bounceback :)).

Can't you just turn up and buy one at the AP office before you go into the park or do you have to pre-book? I have only pre booked before and I'm getting it re-newed soon.

Yep you can just turn up and buy it providing you have the moneyOr you can go into the park with a normal priced ticket and at the end of the day buy you AP and get your entrance fee refunded

Yep you can just turn up and buy it providing you have the moneyOr you can go into the park with a normal priced ticket and at the end of the day buy you AP and get your entrance fee refunded

Cool, do you know if there is a re-newal price like with Merlin ones?, because I haven't seen one.

• 1 month later...

When Thorpe park get's another new ride are the tickets going to go up to even more money? because the prices are just getting ridiculous, I can go to Paultons and pay less then £20 to get myself a ticket and have twice the fun as I would in Legoland but Legoland is like £35? it's VERY expensive! I know this topic is about Thorpe Park but it's just an example of merlin prices..

When Thorpe park get's another new ride are the tickets going to go up to even more money? because the prices are just getting ridiculous, I can go to Paultons and pay less then £20 to get myself a ticket and have twice the fun as I would in Legoland but Legoland is like £35? it's VERY expensive! I know this topic is about Thorpe Park but it's just an example of merlin prices..

Yes they will, lol.And tbh barely anyone is actually paying the full price these days, with all the half price discounts and booking online most people won't be paying the full price.

• 1 month later...

I think I may have already asked this, but I'll ask again just to make sure. On Tuesday, I am planning to buy an Annual Pass (Thorpe Park). Do I have to order online first? Or can I just go up into the Annual Pass building at 9am and ask for a TP Annual Pass and hand over £68 cash?

I think I may have already asked this, but I'll ask again just to make sure. On Tuesday, I am planning to buy an Annual Pass (Thorpe Park). Do I have to order online first? Or can I just go up into the Annual Pass building at 9am and ask for a TP Annual Pass and hand over £68 cash?

You can either do online or on the day of visit.And yes, you can hand over cash and you will get an AP there and then! :PEDIT: Rossafc beat me! :PRossafc - Yes you can buy them before the opening time of the park.

I'm not sure if you can buy one at the begining of the day, but if not, buy a £35 ticket and then at the end of the day get the entrance fee refunded when you buy the Annual Pass.

Thank you, but does anyone know if you can buy it at the start of the day? It's just that I don't really want to be carrying round £70 all day.

• 2 months later...