Ticket Prices

Marc

Very few people actually pay the full gate price anyway so its not a huge issue, and as said makes the offers and buying online alot more attractive. And Thorpe Park do not charge for maps... Chessington still charge for additional maps AFAIK though.

But Thorpe may charge for parking, Cheesie probably won't... Sorry, had to bring that up. :angry:I think people forgot how many offers the park run during the course of the year, as well as the Bounceback tickets on offer as well. I do feel that the prices are a bit too high, but hey, I'm not too surprised by it if I'm honest.

Lol bleeding us dry of our money, its a family day out people pay to go out on a good day out once or twice a year, it wont dig a hole their pocket to them, but like me and you who go regularly we see it differently as we buy there merchandise including food drink and what no ta lot that we feel we are waste our money and it is ridiculously over priced, I will say this in the same way I say about people moaning they hate the park but yet continue to go regularly, if you dont like there priced go some place else!

But if we're really talking about pricing, why not just scrap all of the BOGOF vouchers, save on printing, and halve the on-the-day prices? Makes sense to me.

The great thing about BOGOFs and other special offers is that it's a form of advertising. Making people feel like they've found an amazing deal will give them more incentive to go to the park. They will also get more people through the gates and therefore more people who will be a lot more willing to spend money on merchandise, food and drink.A lot of this pricing m'larky is psychology, I do agree with you Ricky, in the grand scheme of things, paying full price on the gate may not be a large amount of money. However people do feel that it is a lot to pay for a day out, so people who have paid £36 per head before even entering the park may have a sour taste in the mouth I know what you're thinking, Keith.That's why there are so many offers about, not only is it advertising the park, but also people will feel more willing to part with their money on park. And plus in the case of online booking, it gives a great incentive of saving money whilst giving the park a good idea of a minimum gate figure.

Everything you have said there is exactly right Mikey.All the Commercial Departments in The Park have a target in which each Unit and F&B Outlet have to aim to get a minimumamount of money out of someone. For example in 2003 Colossus Shop had a target of getting each guest that came through the shop, to get 60p out of them.

Yeah you guys are exactly right... The BOGOF deals are a good incentive to get people into the park like me for instance, I prefer to use them as its cheaper and I'm more likely to buy merchandise because I have the extra change in my pocket which I havent spent on gaining entry to the park. Also you always see the BOGOF deals everywhere like in WHSmith and so on so doing the deals is a good way to raise awareness about the park.

The great thing about BOGOFs and other special offers is that it's a form of advertising. Making people feel like they've found an amazing deal will give them more incentive to go to the park. They will also get more people through the gates and therefore more people who will be a lot more willing to spend money on merchandise, food and drink.A lot of this pricing m'larky is psychology, I do agree with you Ricky, in the grand scheme of things, paying full price on the gate may not be a large amount of money. However people do feel that it is a lot to pay for a day out, so people who have paid £36 per head before even entering the park may have a sour taste in the mouth I know what you're thinking, Keith.That's why there are so many offers about, not only is it advertising the park, but also people will feel more willing to part with their money on park. And plus in the case of online booking, it gives a great incentive of saving money whilst giving the park a good idea of a minimum gate figure.

You are correct! It is like a trick of the mind to think you are getting something for nothing.Yet they are probably getting more money out of you if they wern't going to visit in the first place :angry:

... may have a sour taste in the mouth I know what you're thinking, Keith.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/your_benefits/attractions_benefits.asp?css=1 Updated with perks for 2010 including:

* 20% off eating * 20% off shopping * 10% off LEGOLAND Windsor retail * Free standard car parking * Early ride time at Alton Towers Resort Theme Park * 20% off a PhotoPass at all attractions (valid throughout March and April 2010) * Unlimited drinks refills for just £10 (launches March 2010) * Access to special preview events, such as launches of new rides * Discounted overnight stays at our resort hotelsAll these Passholder Perks are available regardless of the type of Merlin Annual Pass you purchase, so you can now enjoy more for less!

Also note at the bottom

Terms and conditions apply to all benefits, check with each location. LEGOLAND Windsor offer 10% off retail purchases. Discounts are not available in franchise units, such as Burger King, Pizza Hut, Caffe Nero and Subway. Exclusions apply on some items such as cigarettes, stamps and alcohol.

I hope KFC is still there !

• 1 month later...

Seemed like the most appropriate place to put this.A friend of mine booked her ticket online today for Saturday and choose the Print at Home option. However, because she's under 16, apparently her mum has to be there with her when she goes through the gate for 'identification purposes'. I'm foreign to the whole book online idea, so does anyone know if this is standard procedure or anything, as it does seem a bit pathetic..Cheers.

Seemed like the most appropriate place to put this.A friend of mine booked her ticket online today for Saturday and choose the Print at Home option. However, because she's under 16, apparently her mum has to be there with her when she goes through the gate for 'identification purposes'. I'm foreign to the whole book online idea, so does anyone know if this is standard procedure or anything, as it does seem a bit pathetic..Cheers.

Are you sure she chose print at home? Because if she hasnt got print at home then I would assume she's used her mum's card, so she'd need the card it was booked on to collect the tickets. But otherwise, the accompaniment age is 12, so as long as she is over 12 she won't need an adult. If she's bought a child ticket and is under 12, she'll need an adult over the age of 18

Are you sure she chose print at home? Because if she hasnt got print at home then I would assume she's used her mum's card, so she'd need the card it was booked on to collect the tickets. But otherwise, the accompaniment age is 12, so as long as she is over 12 she won't need an adult. If she's bought a child ticket and is under 12, she'll need an adult over the age of 18

This is the strange thing. She's 15 and she bought it on her own card (okay, I'm not 100% sure to be honest - I know she's got her own card, so I'm just putting 2 and 2 together there). I do know, however, that she DID get print at home. Yet she has got to have a parent for identification. For now, I'll just assume she has used her mum's card till I find out tomorrow.Thanks for your help. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Found this on the Facebook page...Flight cancelled? Don't let a bit of ash stop you from having some fun at the nation's Thrill Capital!Planes might slowly be getting back in the air but for those who have missed flights over the last six days it is estimated that it may still be a week or more before the backlog is cleared and everyone who wants to travel is able to. For others the moment has passed, and all they have to show is a 'useless' flight ticket. However maybe not so useless …thanks to an offer from THORPE PARK and Merlin Entertainments, Europe’s No 1 visitor attraction operator and the owners of the London Eye and Britain’s biggest theme parks...it could just get you 'off the ground' after all!Merlin is offering half-price admission to any of its 22 UK attractions on production of a valid unused flight ticket (and a passport or other ID)…for up to two weeks after the date the flight was cancelled.No ash will stop thwarted travellers taking a 'flight' over London on the Merlin Entertainments London Eye; seeing many of the world’s sights in miniature at LEGOLAND Windsor; mixing with international stars at Madame Tussauds or exploring tropical seas at a SEA LIFE centre.More than that they could test their nerves on the latest terrifying rides - Th13teen at the Alton Towers Resort; SAW – The Ride and SAW Alive at THORPE PARK, or KOBRA at Chessington.Merlin hopes that it will be some consolation at least for the disappointment of a lost holiday; and especially for all those people from overseas trapped in the UK and unable to get home.Anyone wanting to take up the offer should present their ticket or e-ticket and their passport/other ID at the attraction ticket desk to claim their discount. Offer does not apply to online or telephone pre-bookings.Merlin’s offer will end on May 14th, but may be renewed if the air-traffic crisis continues.Merlin Entertainments UK attractions: THORPE PARK; Madame Tussauds; Merlin Entertainments London Eye; SEA LIFE London Aquarium and 10 other SEA LIFE attractions; London, York and Edinburgh Dungeons; Alton Towers Resort; Chessington; LEGOLAND Windsor; Warwick Castle and the new LEGOLAND Discovery Centre in Manchester.