Legoland

NickD

Yes, yes she is... What did she expect bar a full refund when the park has chosen to do this at the behest of the local police?

It's a shame that this has escalated to such a poor turn of events for the park, where those involved in getting the event cancelled will see it as a win against those 'immigrants who come here stealing our jobs and give us cancer' (Source: Daily Mail)...

Their FB page is full of OUTRAGE because people seem to be rather self-centred about their life instead of the big picture... Not that I understand why people are staying there this weekend unless they were going to the event, since it would be shut on Saturday anyways...

Regardless of why they were staying there (I think it's a bit odd to stay there during closed season), it's not acceptable to give people less than a week's notice. I can see why people are getting annoyed, but I think that complaints should be made directly to the park rather than all over their facebook page.

You think about it though, would it be in Lego's best interest to cancel it whenever? Especially so last minute, they've only done this (I reckon) at the behest of the police...

Facebook is certainly not the place for serious complaints though, I'm still waiting for the BOYCOTT over BunnyGate at Chessie t'other year...

In Other news Legoland has opened for the 2014 season being the first Merlin park to (fully) reopen, where some changes have been made.

First up, is a shot from the newly refreshed Pirate Falls, which is looking nicely freshened up.

https://www.facebook.com/themeparkguide/photos/a.163133660408608.46811.163052343750073/622008857854417/?type=1&theater

Whilst I'm rather impressed by the updated Pirate Falls, I certainly can't say the same about the Burger Kitchen. That metal warehouse looks rather hideous at the moment.

https://www.facebook.com/themeparkguide/photos/a.163133660408608.46811.163052343750073/622013294520640/?type=1&theater

And in a surprise and unexpected move, the park will be adding a Paris area in a Miniland.

https://www.facebook.com/themeparkguide/photos/a.163133660408608.46811.163052343750073/622037144518255/?type=1&theater

Certainly looks a very mixed selection of changes for Legoland this year and no news yet on the new play area.

Photos above copyright of Theme Park guide.

Edit- teething troubles with importing photos.

The play area only recently got planning permission (was originally denied) so will open in May along with Burger Kitchen.

This is quite surprising, considering a new play ground isn't a major addition and doesn't provide much noise or visual pollution, but assuming it was going to be denied perhaps shows Legoland's planning permission process is just as dire (maybe more so) than Chessingtons).

What the hell was wrong with the old restraunt?!

Are Merlin just mad or in their quest to make everything generic and the same and branded, ruining any sense of individuality the parks have.

The Old Crossed Ribs was brilliant. The food quality was very good there (similar to Calypso BBQ) and you even order Lego fries too. Though perhaps not the best one to eat at during a storm, I liked the feeling of it being kinda outdoors as it gave it a slight pirates feel, plus you could see the falls work nearby (which won't be seen now with that metal wall).

It was also one of the few original restaurants from the early years (Knights table, Papa Moles) but still worked well at the park, and now it's becoming a a Burger Kitchen.

The Burger Ranch near Squid Surfer is also getting the same treatment. So much for character and originality ;).

The old one would be removed, and the new one is in the same location plus enchanted forest plus the top level being opened up again (Rat Trap has been running on only 2 of its 3 floors and with only one of it's original... four?... slides open for years now). It'd be quite good tbf.

They better have a darn good facade for Burger Kitchen.

I have always admired LEGOLAND for their strong, quality investments, even under Merlin but recent changes are starting to change my mind. Shame..

Looks like the Pirate Falls will now be called Pirate Falls Treasure Quest according to the website