Legoland

NickD

I'd like to know what the parks relationship is as it stands. They were quick to change/remove jungle coaster for example and they've never really added anything that will send traffic levels sky high, that's happened anyway regardless of what Legos been up to.

(Situations like this make you realise just his fortunately placed thorpe is)

The locals just blame everything on Lego, cos obviously it makes such a difference all those cars arriving around 10-11am and leaving at 7pm.

They put lids on Jungle cos of residents, they removed jungle cos of residents, they had to make their hotel one story less cos of residents, they can't build next to Dragon Coaster cos of residents. They're scared to put in planning application for a rollercoaster cos of residents.

Essentially they hate them.

Sounds as though Legoland is just as screwed as Chessington at the moment (if not more), strict council, opposing locals, difficult getting planning permission and that isn't a lot of space left for development and expansion, not to mention most of the park is made from Legoland staples.

Judging from situations, the only uk Merlin park which seems to get most things granted and appear to have good relations with the local council is Thorpe. I just wish Moorlands, Kingston & Windsor councils would just wake up and see the parks as major tourist pulling attractions which benefit the local economy.

I don't know the area, but looking on Google maps Lego is pretty screwed with its location looking at the surroundings and junctions. What it could realistically do to alleviate pressure on the surrounding road system without physically removing the traffic to different times of the day.  

Well The locals are one of the main reasons for the removal of the old jungle coaster... I'm surprised that the local council refused it though. Maybe a relocation, or a bigger road for the entrance could sort this out simply?

I don't mean to be rude but why are the locals still moaning about legoland. The parks traffic has been a problem for atleast the last 6-7 years, just move away! you should know theres a theme park next door, and it tends to close quite early, so bare with the noise and stuff! eyeyeye.

All it involves is investment in road infrastructure. Don't like traffic? Make it so the theme park has priority and then the traffic moves smoothly.

Infact they did this trial end of last year with the traffic lights. The result? No traffic built up when turning left (for once!). The locals hated it. Why? Cos it meant the side roads had to wait a few minutes before it turned green.

Either have traffic, or don't. You moaning bastards.

Some people in this country have to live in very poor conditions, 2 meals a day, no heating etc.

If tourism is going to expand in this country, some people just need to live with it. I don't give a s*** if they have to have a theme park near them.

Love a good talk about social welfare in the Legoland topic.

Unfortunately Windsor is just one of those places where a lot of residents feel they are 'above' the likes of Legoland. I work around the Windsor area quite a bit and there's a definite vibe of people feeling like they're a cut above.

Of course this is generalising everyone and obviously they're not all really like this, but the vibe feels like that, the same as other wealthy areas in Surrey. The whole town kicking up a fuss holds a lot of sway with councils.

All it involves is investment in road infrastructure. Don't like traffic? Make it so the theme park has priority and then the traffic moves smoothly.

Infact they did this trial end of last year with the traffic lights. The result? No traffic built up when turning left (for once!). The locals hated it. Why? Cos it meant the side roads had to wait a few minutes before it turned green.

Either have traffic, or don't. You moaning bastards.

Thing is, the theme park isn't going anywhere soon, so why do both groups have to be such poor neighbours. It makes things so frustrating for both parties.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a random idea, but imagine if one day the Star Wars Miniland Experience got replaced with a ride themed around The LEGO Movie! :o They'll only have enough room for a motion simulator, but that'll still work, especially if it's themed around a spaceship for a little piece of this action:

(There's quite a bit of a scene here, so SPOILER ALERT)

• 3 weeks later...

Just when things couldn't really get worse for the park, this happens

http://www.themeparkguide.biz/news/lego-friends-coming-to-legoland-windsor-in-2015

Looks like they're getting a Lego friends attraction/retheme for Lego City. I feel very disappointed about this as not only could it ruin one of the most characteristic park areas but has no appeal at all, Duplo Valley appealed a lot more than this has.

This just makes me even more upset that the Haunted House ride hasn't happened and by the looks things certainly won't be (at least for 2015). Thank you windsor council and residents

I've got a horrible feeling that Legoland are just going to start ripping out all of the good stuff that takes me back to childhood! I'll explain below:

• The Rat Trap - GONE - Castaway Camp now stands in its place.
  • X-Team Challenge - CHARM GONE - renamed to Raft River Racers (which actually isn't a bad name, but still...).
  • Pirate Falls - CHARM GONE - renamed and old sets recently ripped out (Although I DO appreciate the revamp in way of themeing)
  • Jungle Coaster - GONE - Atlantis Submarine Voyage now stands in its place.

• LEGO City - GONE - replaced with LEGO Friends.

Following the recent disappointments of the rejection of the Haunted House and next years (replacement) investment involves stereotypical branding which eliminates, half the target audience, here's a lighter subject, which Legoland have confirmed the plans for this years Christmas event.

http://www.legoland.co.uk/Plan/Christmas/

Pretty much sounds like a slight variation and expansion on last years, got some fairly major attractions open this time including a coaster cred, although the ticket pricing for this attraction (in typical Legoland fashion) is very steep and over priced IMO, nearly £30 at peak time when only 20% of the park will be open, plus pass holders still have to pay.

I've got a horrible feeling that Legoland are just going to start ripping out all of the good stuff that takes me back to childhood! I'll explain below:

• Jungle Coaster - GONE - Atlantis Submarine Voyage now stands in its place.

Oopsy - Hotel stands in it's place! Atlantis stands where Dino Dipper used to be before it was moved into Knights Kingdom!