Legoland

NickD

Yep both places charged 50p a map around 2007 time (during the end of the DIC days).

I was a real sucker on my chessington visit then when I brought two maps for a pound (didn't become a MAP holder until 2010) and just after I bought them, it literally started to rain resulting in one of the maps getting very badly weather damaged ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Basically Legoland are having extreme difficulty gaining planning permission these days (even more so than Chessie) on the grounds of area congestion so Merlin have their hands tied in this one as they know if they poor openings here they will have no chance of building anything new in the future.

I've also heard unlike Thorpe & Chessie Lego's numbers haven't been affected by the Smiler.

• 1 month later...

Wow, never seen legoland so busy in my life!! The good thing to take away from the visit today was how good the fireworks display was, and how cool it looked with the special 3D Brick glasses.

The thing that seems to partly get me about the fireworks is the music. Not only is it amazing, but I also love how unlike previous years (*glares at Indiana Jones 2009 fireworks*) the fireworks were actually in time! Really did create an immersive story as well! :P

Oh, and talking of park music, no prizes for guessing what was one of the tracks on the parkwide audio for the Halloween side of the event! ;) (Linky)

The thing that seems to partly get me about the fireworks is the music. Not only is it amazing, but I also love how unlike previous years (*glares at Indiana Jones 2009 fireworks*) the fireworks were actually in time! Really did create an immersive story as well! :P

Oh, and talking of park music, no prizes for guessing what was one of the tracks on the parkwide audio for the Halloween side of the event! ;) (Linky)

I've never seen the fireworks at legoland before... But was shocked how good it was!

And it did make me laugh as soon as I walked in the park to hear the Duel/gloomy wood music and then around the park... I also heard tubular bells too aha!

Footage of the LEGO Ninjago Fireworks :)

http://youtu.be/54MNwoAytl4

Here's my video with the Lego brick glasses... Although I'm sure as you've been to previous displays you've used the glasses before? I was shocked to see how little advertisement there was about the glasses as they're really cool but didn't see many people with them!

http://youtu.be/54MNwoAytl4

Here's my video with the Lego brick glasses... Although I'm sure as you've been to previous displays you've used the glasses before? I was shocked to see how little advertisement there was about the glasses as they're really cool but didn't see many people with them!

Does it look like Lego bricks though. Are they the same glasses as the angry birds ones?

Does it look like Lego bricks though. Are they the same glasses as the angry birds ones?

they're the same type of cardboard glasses, but the lenses are weird, and got loads of tiny lego bricks on the lens, so when it picks up light it somehow reflects 2 lego bricks from each bright light as seen in the video. it's really hard to explain aha..

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested these are the rides/Attractions available over the Christmas  period.

• Bricksmas Express
• LEGO Star Wars™ Miniland Model Display
• Longboat Invader
• Spinning Spider
• Scarab-Bouncers
• Laser Raiders
• Thunder Blazer
• Desert Chase
• Aero Nomad
• Jolly Rocker
• Dragon's Apprentice 
• Knight's Quest
• Heartlake Express
• Mia's Riding Adventure
• Olivia's House

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic news!

Am so glad that this application finally worked out. It's a ride perfect for Legoland in the way it should help eat crowds but also give the park dark ride/indoor attraction.

In regards to when it's opening, I would say 2017 because it's probably too late to build it next year now plus also the Lego Movie thing is what's planned for 2016. On top of that, a recent report mentioned LLW would be receiving a medium investment 2017 (which chances was supposed to be Heartlake).

Looks like I will at least have a Legoland pass in 2017 then.

Wonder how the approval for the 2nd hotel went as so far I've heard nothing.

If anyone wants read the decision in full it can be found here

The whole thing comes down to traffic, and curiously the appeal is upheld on this basis...

Ultimately, the critical question for me to answer is whether the proposal would, in itself, attract new visitors who would not otherwise travel to LEGOLAND. On the basis of what I have heard and read I consider that this is unlikely. There is no compelling evidence to link the appeal proposal with an increase in visits or a corresponding increase in traffic.

... so somehow someone has managed to convince the planners that they intend no extra business as a result of a multi-million pound spend building a fairly major new attraction? That would make some wonderful business sense if true! Someone has the gift of the gab.