Legoland

NickD

They worded it as it wouldn't be a main attraction and instead a support attraction to the others. And also used that Heartlake City has had Legoland see no increase in guests from 2014. Basically trying to say they need to invest in new stuff to keep the guest numbers at the same level and no fall ignoring the fact they could grow.

It's good, now we just have to wait 10 years for them to get the Ninjago dark ride...

That's even if they get one as Legoland Windsor is rather short on space as I'm aware (would t even know where they could put one).

Might even be doing Legoland Billund next year (if I get chance), which will be great to see Ghost & Ninjago amongst the rest.

With Ghost most likely for 2017, it does make me guess the 2nd hotel may now be opening for 2018 now.

This is obviously brilliant news and very much needed for the park, but what I do find curious is that with the rumours of sub-terra being SBNO in 2016 and all the problems they've had with injuries and lap bar problems, it's strange they've pushed for the same thing at another park.

Don't get me wrong, Ghost looks great and will give me a reason to head back to Lego, but Saw Alive (closed), Krake Live (closed), N:ST (SBNO or very least staggered opening), it's like Merlin never compare the pros and cons of the other versions of their attractions.

Still great news though, was really looking forward to this.

Thanks Benin, I thought it was a top loader!

How did you rate it in Germany?

I didn't rate it in Germany at all...

Cos it's in Denmark ;)

It's good, theming is pretty decent, the optional Mirror Maze is pretty standard, the ride is very much aimed towards Lego's market and is basically a Frog Hopper version of Mystery Castle at Phannyland...

It'll end up with massive queues though...

• 2 weeks later...

Visited yesterday for their Christmas event and here's what's worth mentioning.

1/ The back of the Star Wars store is completely empty and cornered off. It's possible we could be seeing another scene added in here to do With Episode VII.

2/ Last Chance shop is completely empty.

3/ Squid Surfer features a lot of scaffolding on it (probably general work).

12347718_1069495246434504_82262410910803

However, here is potentially proof Dinosaur Safari is definitely going for hotel expansion. It looks like the path is being rebuilt/re-routed plus there's also things missing from the roof and fencing around the toilet block there as well.

There's nothing to see yet on a Ghost though (the train was running) however it'll probably have an early 2017 opening now instead of a mid/late 2016 one anyway.

12143131_1069494923101203_18362263879911

12310455_1069494723101223_54273400937056

11036336_1069494849767877_56986801006712

Park does look pretty at night though with those lights.

• 4 weeks later...

In other news, the plans for the park's 2nd hotel (housing 59 rooms) has been approved.

This is good news for the resort, but does sadly mean the loss of Dino Safari meaning every park has lost at least one ride in 2016.

The park & council will also be having talks together about a development plan too, which hopefully means the park can continue to develop.

Source- Theme Park Guide & Southparks

In other news, the plans for the park's 2nd hotel (housing 59 rooms) has been approved.

This is good news for the resort, but does sadly mean the loss of Dino Safari meaning every park has lost at least one ride in 2016.

The park & council will also be having talks together about a development plan too, which hopefully means the park can continue to develop.

Not Thorpe?

Every Merlin park is losing something this season. It's a shame Dino is going as it was a charming little relaxing ride. That being said, the ride was more of a filler these days to Atlantis & Squidy, not to mention probably only had a throughput of around 300 pph. Hopefully Ghost will make up for this and have a better throughput.

the fact they are getting rid of skyway does not surprise me.

for the last 2 seasons it has stopped operating mid season.

do we know what's replacing it?

their's a lot of things I want answers too next year

1 is, what was going on in all that time toomb blaster was down (surely it wasn't because it was broken. that ride is reliable)

2. how many years is left for vampire?. it's getting old now, and I read somewhere that 25 years is the standard time for those sorts of coasters (which would have made it close for good at the end of  2015). it's bheen their since 1990

and the last is obviously, what, if anything, is going to replace safari skyway.

• 3 weeks later...

NOOOOOOOOO DINO SAFARI [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] EVIL EVIL LEGOLAND

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

the fact they are getting rid of skyway does not surprise me.

for the last 2 seasons it has stopped operating mid season.

do we know what's replacing it?

their's a lot of things I want answers too next year

1 is, what was going on in all that time toomb blaster was down (surely it wasn't because it was broken. that ride is reliable)

2. how many years is left for vampire?. it's getting old now, and I read somewhere that 25 years is the standard time for those sorts of coasters (which would have made it close for good at the end of 2015). it's bheen their since 1990

and the last is obviously, what, if anything, is going to replace safari skyway.

Wrong topic - no, wrong subforum.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk