Legoland

NickD

Legoland have submitted planning for a new Ninjago dark ride at the park.

Source http://www.southparks.co.uk/2016/03/25/plans-submitted-for-ninjago-masterclass-at-legoland-windsor-resort/

The ride will replace Loki's Labarynth marking the end of the end of the Amazing Mazes with the other attractions (minus Viking River Splash) to be rethemed.

Surprisingly, the attraction is earmarked for a 2017 opening (when Ghost is expected) but this may be a fail safe.

Let's hope it goes ahead and doesn't face years of appeals like the yet to be Ghost did.

Source http://www.southparks.co.uk/2016/03/25/plans-submitted-for-ninjago-masterclass-at-legoland-windsor-resort/

The ride will replace Loki's Labarynth marking the end of the end of the Amazing Mazes with the other attractions (minus Viking River Splash) to be rethemed.

Surprisingly, the attraction is earmarked for a 2017 opening (when Ghost is expected) but this may be a fail safe.

Let's hope it goes ahead and doesn't face years of appeals like the yet to be Ghost did.

Will no doubt be a clone of the other ones opening this year, which allows riders to make hand movements (instead of light guns etc) to battle their way through the ride.

Great news

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

As far as I'm aware it might not be be as the main site doesn't mention anything and I can't find any images of it open through Google.

Wonder if it'll get the other random attractions with it too which seem strange. I know the Spider & Longboat rides are getting re-themes apparently. Hopefully it'll be nicely landscaped and the ride building will be concealed well enough.

I'm getting a feeling this will be like a Legoland equivalent of the Midway Mania rides & Maus Chocolate in a way.

are you having a good time?

which rides did you go on?

Yes we did thanks, and we didn't get on too many despite having RAP, we had 3 people on the pass and met my sister's friend and her family there, so of course my sister wanted to go on the rides with them, but they wouldn't queue for more than 45 mins so they didn't get on all the same rides we did. The other section of Squid Surfer to us broke down when we were near the front of the queue (Nearly walk on) so they decided to let the people on the ride who only had a 30 second run get on via the exit of our ride, then let everyone from their queue onto our side before the people actually on the ride AND let in more people who were at the split, meaning we ended up at the front of the queue for nearly ONE HOUR.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

This is old news. As Advertisement after James May's series involving lego to do with toys (the name escapes me) they used legoland as a form of advertisement for the next series of Top Gear following that series of programmes. It is however, still a very cool easter egg (my personal favourite either being the one where stig is in the driving school or where he is standing under the Pharoah)

Star Wars day was a SHAMBLES. They decided to group all the characters outside the hotel, then one or two of the Joker Squad staff got annoyed so told everyone to move back so we can take a group photo with all the kids. I went in with my sister and was told to kneel down so other kids would be seen (despite there being nobody behind me), meaning someone was in my way and I wasn't seen in the photo. It was also very crowded (so much so that I had to walk off and nearly cried because I couldn't cope and I'm normally not bad with crowds) and alot of people were arguing.

3 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Star Wars day was a SHAMBLES. They decided to group all the characters outside the hotel, then one or two of the Joker Squad staff got annoyed so told everyone to move back so we can take a group photo with all the kids. I went in with my sister and was told to kneel down so other kids would be seen (despite there being nobody behind me), meaning someone was in my way and I wasn't seen in the photo. It was also very crowded (so much so that I had to walk off and nearly cried because I couldn't cope and I'm normally not bad with crowds) and alot of people were arguing.

You're not allowed to say that! ;)

Can I just say that the Star Wars event on Monday was, for me, AMAZING. Me and four of my nerdy friends all went, dressed up (I seemed to be the only Hux on park :()

It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, and the events going on, though we didn't really join in with them, seemed good. Got a good amount of rides in too for a bank holiday. Only thing really was the bad weather towarss the end of the day, but you can't help that.

3 hours ago, Whatever said:

Can I just say that the Star Wars event on Monday was, for me, AMAZING. Me and four of my nerdy friends all went, dressed up (I seemed to be the only Hux on park :()

It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, and the events going on, though we didn't really join in with them, seemed good. Got a good amount of rides in too for a bank holiday. Only thing really was the bad weather towarss the end of the day, but you can't help that.

Whoa what you were there too did you see any of the characters

17 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Whoa what you were there too did you see any of the characters

Yes, I was there too. It's a popular event so it was likely that you weren't going to be the only member there (one of my friends that I went with is also on this site, but I don't know their username)! I did see some of the characters, had a fun interaction with Kylo Ren :wub:, an imperial officer and Han Solo! Me and my group were stopped by little kids and their mums for photos despite our costumes being terrible...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Tom said:

Hmm... Interesting.

Very odd they would submit application and go through legal proceeding's just to make a statement that they are a strong independent theme park and won't let anything get in there way *clicks fingers x3*

Something has clearly changed... They originally wanted it but probably, like a child, lost interest and just can't be bothered with it anymore but doesn't want to admit it :D

Well that's a great shame to hear this, it seems they have given up the Ghost then (which would explain the absence in building work there).

I wonder if this has anything to do with the new Ninjago ride/area they are planning for the Loki's site (which I hear they plan to open next year). 

Speaking on which, I've heard no news on that project at all recently, and do wonder if it's been approved.