Legoland

NickD

• 4 weeks later...

Construction appears to have started on Ninjago as a narrow deep trench has been dug in a square where Loki's was. Invader has gone, and is currently sitting naked outside the building next to Mia's (Idk what it is) next to it's airgates and platform. Merlin obviously aren't keeping any secrets this time as all the construction fences have pictures of the Ninjago characters, as well as the Ninjago logo and "New World for 2017." There is also a new exit at Jolly Rocker, you now exit on the side the airgates are, and the second section of cattlepen has been replaced with painted rows on the floor. Vikings was awful as only one or two effects were working and Falls was toooo wet. 

IMG_5223.JPG

Took that pic last Monday - that's a bit ol' bit of land they are flattening out

15 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Construction appears to have started on Ninjago as a narrow deep trench has been dug in a square where Loki's was. Invader has gone, and is currently sitting naked outside the building next to Mia's (Idk what it is) next to it's airgates and platform. Merlin obviously aren't keeping any secrets this time as all the construction fences have pictures of the Ninjago characters, as well as the Ninjago logo and "New World for 2017." There is also a new exit at Jolly Rocker, you now exit on the side the airgates are, and the second section of cattlepen has been replaced with painted rows on the floor. Vikings was awful as only one or two effects were working and Falls was toooo wet. 

You think Falls is wet?  I went on Raft Racers and got so drenched that my bottom half didn't fully dry until I got home - thankfully it was sunny but I was walking around like a penguin for most of the day :o

1 hour ago, Han30 said:

IMG_5223.JPG

Took that pic last Monday - that's a bit ol' bit of land they are flattening out

You think Falls is wet?  I went on Raft Racers and got so drenched that my bottom half didn't fully dry until I got home - thankfully it was sunny but I was walking around like a penguin for most of the day :o

Oh dont even mention Raft Racers. Never again! But Falls was probably about as wet yesterday. Like having a bucket of water tipped over me! So bad the frogs weren't on.

That big pile of land is now tiny!

If this is going to be like the Florida version, it seems like it is going to be an improved version of the versions added this year which is always good. Also, Florida version seems to have a have a capacity of around 1000 riders per hour which is always a good number! I am personally really excited as I love the ride system and legoland in general. 

9 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

Ninjago construction latest courtesy of Thrill Nation.

14705873_1214098668663889_52610461996962

14681599_1214098755330547_48935689354664

Foundations are taking place rather nicely and more area advertisement too.

I am not expecting anything like Symbolica here, but should hopefully be another decent ride at the park and much needed E-ticket attraction. In addition, this appears to be the only worthwhile attraction in the UK for 2017.

E-ticket?!

20 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

I am not expecting anything like Symbolica here, but should hopefully be another decent ride at the park and much needed E-ticket attraction. In addition, this appears to be the only worthwhile attraction in the UK for 2017.

Why does everything have to be compared to something else?

Also +1 with Mark about having no idea about e-ticket system at Legoland. 

7 hours ago, Mark9 said:

E-ticket?!

E-ticket= major ride for a park. Obviously as this isn't Disney my point is perhaps redundant.

3 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Why does everything have to be compared to something else?

Also +1 with Mark about having no idea about e-ticket system.

I don't know why this is considered such a problem?

At the end of the day, some of us may relate things to one thing or another without realising.

Perhaps I was more referring to Symbolica being a larger scale ride. But it doesn't matter as both rides look to be aprrooriate credentials to both their parks. 

I know what an E-ticket is guys, I don't understand why we're using it when referring to a Legoland ride where anything there is a D ticket at best :crazy:.

Onto the nature of comparing, I get it when referring to ride type, take comparing Inferno to Nemesis or Swarm to Raptor. But today I've already seen Derren Brown compared to Maus de Chocolat for example and the only thing they really share in common is being in a shed. Is Symbolica similar to this attraction in some way?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested, I very recently posted a collected bunch of making-of articles and images on Rocket Racers in this thread of a LEGO video gaming forum:

http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/3247-rocket-racers/?page=4#comment-127725

I've also got a bunch more, some scanned from old LEGO Adventures! magazines, in my personal gallery:

http://www.rockraidersunited.com/gallery/album/230-rocket-racers/

• 1 month later...

Is anyone (rich) going to the LEGO Christmas event? If so could you try and get some pictures of the Ninjago construction please, would be interesting to see how it's coming along!

On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Olivus Prime said:

For anyone interested, I very recently posted a collected bunch of making-of articles and images on Rocket Racers in this thread of a LEGO video gaming forum

EEEEEKKK ROCKET RACERS THAT WAS MY FAVOURITE RIDE AS A LITTLE KID :wub: still remember the crushing feeling when I went on the LL website and saw it was gone on the map

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...