Legoland

NickD

58 minutes ago, Coaster said:

Wait, is the train REALLY closed for the entire season?  Surely that could have been avoided?

Seems like an easy way to save money IMO.

They are doing a complete track replace and sleepers on Hill Train. They should really aim to get it open for summer but this is Merlin. 

Those plans are atrocious, could they seriously not afford/be bothered to theme the whole building like the one in Billund?

I've attempted to part ways with LLW, since it's a drastically different park now than the one I grew up with, but whenever I come across any news about the place, it's almost always depressing to me. Long gone are the days of unique attractions for each park (which encouraged fans to try out each of the LegoLand parks, a long-term return on investment as opposed to the short-term savings of Merlin's duplicate attractions), abstract themes that prevented attractions becoming outdated upon arrival (*cough* Land of the Vikings *cough*), wide use of actual Lego models and a charming location.

Edit - Just remembered where this is going to be built too. Right smack-bang in the middle of one of the Orient Express' previous scenic areas. Argh...

Lets hope this doesn't turn into a Zufari type effort..

Legoland is easily one of the better looking Merlin parks and actually has some charm going for it- lets hope Merlin keep that.

The ride itself though I think would be a great addition especially when it comes to throughput.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like Thorpe is not the only park with poor availability of rides this season. My brother and dad visited today with Pirate Falls and Spinning Spider closed all day, as well as Raft Racers and Skyrider for the majority of the day.

Not particularly good news on the Raft Racers front as it never used to be a seasonal attraction and has previously been open all year. Sounds like another sly budget cut to me.

Sky Rider since I can remember has never  run in the rain and doesn’t operate in cold temperatures either. It is possibly one of the most weather prone attractions out there. There is a clip from many years ago where the cars are stacking up and keep bumping into each other. I am not sure whether this has any relevance though.

As much as I still love Legoland, I will controversially say the character and landscaping within the park within newer developments is noticeably worse. Just compare Castle Land and Pirate Land to the likes of Land Of The Vikings and Ninjago. The former typically feature an in-keeping layout with out of house areas mostly hidden or camouflaged. The latter meanwhile, these seem more exposed. Just look at the trough of the rapids or the exterior of the Ninjago dark ride. 

Legoland have officially announced the opening of the (revised) Ghost ride. 

It will be known as- The Haunted House Monster Party. This is expected to open in Spring 2019 and will feature a monsters tea party type theme/story. Makes sense being a made house really.

30595165_10155525617708364_2088979466977

The attraction will mark the third madhouse ride to open in the UK and become the park’s fourth major indoor ride.

On 10/04/2018 at 1:43 PM, Matt Creek said:

The attraction will mark the third madhouse ride to open in the UK and become the park’s fourth major indoor ride.

*fourth

Pleasure Beach have Impossible. Drayton have the, um, Haunting? And Towers have Hex so this is four. And Merlin’s third after Hex and Magic House at Gardaland.

On a side note this seems a great different direction to head towards over the drop towers. A nice addition of a family attraction for everyone to enjoy. I just hope with this we see some thought and effort / budget go into the exterior to make it look more Lego-like than Ninjago. And hopefully following these two additions we might see some continuation of large investment into Legoland to see it grow similarly to its worldwide counterparts.

AKA where’s that new entrance that got mentioned years ago?

9 hours ago, Flipper said:

*fourth

In all fairness Impossible isn’t that memorable. 

Hopefully the Train will reopen next year (with a possible sligh re-route). However Train attractions do seem to be a dying breed these days, who’s to say in five years (or less) the train is removed completely due to costs and redevelopment?

Sadly it’ll probably just be a metal anywhere apart from the front. I do wish more parks would theme or conceal ride buildings because they detract from the landscaping and park experience a lot of the time. 

It'll probably end up being colloquially referred to as Haunted House. Adding the 'Monster Party' thing shows it's not as threatening as a generic haunted house, whilst communicating the story of the attraction.

Ghost is, of course, a completely different thing to this, so I don't see the need / point in calling it that.

11 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

I could probably think of worse names to be fair. 

I’ll be another for the ‘calling it Ghost’ club I expect. I still call Knights Kingdom Castle Land and Duplo Valley Duplo Land half the time, purely because I’m more familiar with their former names.

Nexo Knights Kingdom Castle... sorry I keep picking on you I don't mean to.

It will be known as Haunted House. Just the same as it's known as Atlantis over Atlantis: Submarine Voyage. It's solely to reflect what it's all about.

I don't think Ghost works whatsoever.

Spoiler

ghost-tv-show.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1

• 3 weeks later...