Legoland

NickD

^^^The Jungle coaster I don't think is closed for good this season but it is going to be taken down in the next year or 2 to make way for the hotel - Whether theyre going to relocate ot or not to somewhere away from the residents so people can scream I don't know....Plus I think it's on it's 5th season so it did okish....

I read on www.reallyrollercoaster.com that the Jungle Coaster at Windsor is closed and will probably be removed after just 2 years of operation. Can anyone confirm this?

To be honest, I'm not that bothered, they ruined it and took all the thrill out of it, its a disgrace to Legoland.

it dosent matter if they get rid of it, as its in the plans anyway as Peaj said. Once the hotel is built on top of it they plan to build another big family rollercoaster to replace it, somewhere near knights Kingdom. The park has got a very bright future ahead of it ( sea life, hotel, more rides etc) and seems to be heading in a better direction that Chessington.....Will see what Chessington is doing later this year ( bubbleworks, beano etc)......(sorry for going a bit of topic).

What I mean is, how legoland have had 2/3 years running with new stuff added ( land of the vikings, pharos etc ) and I think legoland has a better atmosphere then chessington.Chessington is a good park aswell, but just has not had alot of investment in the recent years, and I think it could do with a bit of updating. I'm a fan of both parks.Sorry if I confused you, or didnt make sense, I meen its stupid to start an argument. :)

(prepare for boredom)I went to Legoland yesterday and there some Good points and a lot more bad points.Bad()The Jungle coaster has been ruined by the new cars.()The Dragon coaster's indoor section had only 1 thing turned on.()Fairy Tale Brook was ok but the Water Jets had been turned off.()Pirate Falls was terrible. None of the objects moved, The squirting rats and cannons didnt work. Two of the lego models had fallen of their plynth and fell into the bushes behind and I even saw one of the gravestones near the lift fall backwards - very poor.()Laiser Raiders kept braking down. We went on a car and only 1 of the 4 guns worked, we then got another go but still one didnt work.()Viking River splash was very wet - the only negative thing was that the carwash - like bit was broken.Good()The man running Scarab Bouncers was great fun!!!()The queues were short cos alot of people had bought Q-BOT meaning the normal queues were quick.()MiniLand was Excelent!!!This is quite a dissapointment seeing as Legoland is usually better at caring for their rides and keeping their theming switched on.But the trip went alright!!

If I had to go to Legoland I would try and get to Chessington insted :P I dont like Legoland much. Have a great day Jake :P

thanks sam, I know legolands grate me my mum and brother used to go once a month about 3years ago. now going there I feel none of the rides are fun, may sound weird but I never feel like I should ride agien.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone got any thought on the pirates landing at legoland windsor for 2010, what do you think is going to happen?

The fututre of legoland in 2010 has been leaked...The park have announced it was The JUNGLE COASTERs last season in 2009, it will be dismantled and sold at the end of the seaon. This part of the park will instead have a new hotel and not a future rollercoaster for the olympics in 2012- how legoland are so greedy, there are rumours that you will have to pay for parking? GREEDY LEGOLAND, prices will not fall because of the diappearance of the jungle coaster and the new 2010 plans at the area of the Wild Woods, the new 'Pirates Landing' area will incorporate the wild woods area. Pirate falls, Rat Trap and Encharted Forest will remain, but a new PIRATE SHIP will be placed in the current picnic area where the RC cars are, or at least were, not much info on that part.In the near future of the next 5-10 years, merlin entrtainments plan to spend £30 million on the future of Legoland, they plan to build new rides, a lego themed hotel of which we know the location (jungle coaster part) and it one of the last theme parks owned by merlin to recieve a new SEA- LIFE centre, this was quite obvious, not just other merlin owned parks have them but, the other legoland parks also have one. You can in some way tell the future of the Windsor park's rides by looking to see what the other legoland parks have. This included the vikings area which had been built one year before the one in Windsor in the other legoland parks.