Legoland

NickD

The fututre of legoland in 2010 has been leaked..

Or lets have an accurate future of legoland, eh?Rumours were it was Jungle Coasters last operating season, making way for the hotel in 2012, however it may be kept for an additional season. Hopefully it'll have gone, and good riddance.As for carparking, no way. They have not even hinted towards this, let alone any amazing rumours come out. Dunno how this person has heard about this.New for 2010 is Pirates Landing. Pirate Falls is having a refurbishment, with some interactive parts in the viewing area and the viewing area itself becoming more mutiny bay style. Rat Trap is being refurbished and the old disused area is being transformed into a lovely play area with "sunken" wooden pirate ships to play in. The pirate ship is appearing on the old picnic area, an exact replica of Chessingtons. The queueline is going where truck stop was. Finally, another thrill seeking ride! Poor old spinning spider is now apparently in the Land of the Vikings area.. however not rethemed. So the only ride to remind us of old Wild Woods it seems!The MTDP was released halfway through the year, with something like 8 new attractions in the next few years. Includes a sealife in the creation centre, extention to skyrider, a launched rollercoaster (believe it or not) from the miniland lawn towards hill train, a couple of family rides mainly around the pirates landing/knights kingdom area.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When's jungle coaster leaving?I know it hasnt already because we got lost in windsor today and ended up going past legoland lol, and jungle coaster is still there :angry:

Jungle Coaster has already started Dismantling, not long before its fully gone. If you visit on 20th March (Opening Day), there will be a big empty space!

Oh well, I never got to ride it big shame it looked s***.

I never got the chance to ride it either. What's funny though is I have Loaded & Dispatched Trains on it. Ha. I never did hear any positive reviews about it, so I dont think I have missed out on very much.Are you going to come and visit this year Ricky? :angry:

the first drop was the only good bit of the ride, and then the lids on the cars completely got rid of all the wind that would normally hit your face and then even the first drop seemed awful. I'm glad its gone!

Agreeed.. the drop was the best bit. Rest was a dissappointment really =/Was gutted when I saw it.. R.I.P. Jungle Coaster :angry:

Oh well, I never got to ride it big shame it looked s***.

It was pretty poor to be honest =/

The fututre of legoland in 2010 has been leaked...The park have announced it was The JUNGLE COASTERs last season in 2009, it will be dismantled and sold at the end of the seaon. This part of the park will instead have a new hotel and not a future rollercoaster for the olympics in 2012- how legoland are so greedy, there are rumours that you will have to pay for parking? GREEDY LEGOLAND, prices will not fall because of the diappearance of the jungle coaster and the new 2010 plans at the area of the Wild Woods, the new 'Pirates Landing' area will incorporate the wild woods area. Pirate falls, Rat Trap and Encharted Forest will remain, but a new PIRATE SHIP will be placed in the current picnic area where the RC cars are, or at least were, not much info on that part.In the near future of the next 5-10 years, merlin entrtainments plan to spend £30 million on the future of Legoland, they plan to build new rides, a lego themed hotel of which we know the location (jungle coaster part) and it one of the last theme parks owned by merlin to recieve a new SEA- LIFE centre, this was quite obvious, not just other merlin owned parks have them but, the other legoland parks also have one. You can in some way tell the future of the Windsor park's rides by looking to see what the other legoland parks have. This included the vikings area which had been built one year before the one in Windsor in the other le goland parks.

With the sealife bit there is one in Legoland Billund, but if I'm honest it was really poor =/ I just hope it's better than Legoland Billund's =/

• 1 month later...

Heres a little fact.Jolly Rocker is actually the old ship from Heide Park in Germany, and not from Chessington.This was confirmed today.Also, The Lego Big Shop in Windsor, is actually now the biggest Lego Store in the world!This is because Legoland Windsor added a little over 150 sq/m to the Big Shop, resulting in a huge shop!

• 4 weeks later...