Legoland

NickD

2011 – Family Coaster – Confirmed – (11/2/09) Legoland Windsor has been conducting guest surveys lately to determine interest in other new attraction concepts. Concepts shown to guests include a Lego Atlantis themed aquarium attraction, Jet Raiders, a family inverted coaster themed to the Lego Agents toy line, Slime Wars, which seems to put the same inverted Jet Raiders coaster with a swamp theme and lots of water effects, Turbo Chase, an indoor/outdoor spy car themed roller coaster and Pirate Battle on Black Lagoon, a Splash Battle style attraction, possibly for last second feedback about the 2010 Pirate project or a possible 2nd year expansion. (3/26/09) The park confirmed in the press release about their long range future plans that they are planning on building a new family roler coaster for the 2011 season.

- Taken From http://www.screamscape.com/html/legoland_parks.htm

• 1 month later...

Sounds interesting, next to the lake and going to replace the Dino Dipper Attraction although it is planned to be re-located. Also, personally I feel that an aquarium is something that'd be no different walking through as riding through. Seems like an un-needed cost that could be put towards another new attraction.

Seems like an un-needed cost that could be put towards another new attraction.

So this isn't a new attraction which has already been a successful addition to not only two of the UK parks already but to quite a few of the other Legoland parks?Sea-Life will be popular as hell...

No, the SeaLife part was great :P , I meant making it a "ride" would've thought it'd be better left as a walk-through attraction and making the ride run a transit system was the possible un-needed cost. Don't see what is gained by it being a ride. Still should be awesome though :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went on Tuesday with my friends to renew my annual pass. The park opened at 9:30 but you are allowed in at 9 so after the renewing we waited for 10 minutes until the park opened. First, we went to the Jolly Rocker as its new. Waited 5 minutes for it and I thought it was really good! Made your stomach go really weird. After that we headed over to the Dragon and again, waited 5 minutes. This was good though reminded me a lot of X:|NWO due to its ride; stop; ride; stop; station. Headed back to Pirates landing and queued for Pirate Falls: Dynamite Drench. Wasnt that much different to before the retheme but with a few effects repaired and the dynamite before the drop and the drop pool. Queued 30 minutes for it.Went on spinning spider, queued 10 minutes. Then tried Lokis Labyrinth. Preferred it before Land of the Vikings when it was 3 mazes. Checked on Viking River Splash but it was 30 minutes so we had a wander to the pirate show at the lighthouse. Was quite good but it was hard to tell who was good and who was bad. Had hotdogs for lunch and I got annoyed when I wasnt allowed a Merlin discount because "Its a stall not a restaurant" :blink:.Looked at Laser Raiders but it was 2 and 1/2 hours!!! So no. Scarab Bouncers was long. Looked at the train but even that was 30 minutes. Instead we went to look round Miniland. What day would be complete without Fairy Tale Brook :huh: so queued 5 minutes for that. Finally at the top of the hill we checked on Viking River Splash and it was walk on! Good to see the buckets are working again but the huge one isn't.Got there at 9, it opened at 9:30 and we had left the car park by 4pm. A good day!

Had hotdogs for lunch and I got annoyed when I wasnt allowed a Merlin discount because "Its a stall not a restaurant" :blink:.

We are hoping to persuade the directors of C&S to reinstate the AP Discount within Carts & Stands. I can understand how frustrating it is, but if you read the Annual Pass T&C's at Legoland, it does state in there somewhere that your discount does my currently apply to C&S.I do personally feel that we should issue discounts, as well as Restaurants.

Where exactly are the buckets? I see them on the advert but I've never seen them whilst riding. I don't even think I've seen the bridge thing they are on :blink:

The buckets and the tower that holds them are right before the lift into the station. However you might have missed them as the only times I have seen them on (and I go at least twice a year) was my first visit on its opening year and when I went on Tuesday.

if you read the Annual Pass T&C's at Legoland, it does state in there somewhere that your discount does my currently apply to C&S.

Do they change the T&C's every year? Because last year I got a discount on a hotdog stall outside the brick brothers shop.

The T&C's changed for 2010 as the discount was removed from Carts & Stands, but we are hoping to get it reinstated.

So I assume Gold APs still get the discount then? Or at least they should considering they're following last years rules for the London attractions...

• 1 month later...