Legoland

NickD

Is Ghost fundamentally the same ride system as Sub Terra?  Given the rumours of problems with the restraints and seats on that (hence why it spent much of last season closed), it could explain why Merlin aren't keen to invest in another one in the UK? 

54 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

Is Ghost fundamentally the same ride system as Sub Terra?  Given the rumours of problems with the restraints and seats on that (hence why it spent much of last season closed), it could explain why Merlin aren't keen to invest in another one in the UK? 

This would make perfect sense if true as the ride plans suggest strong similarities between the two. Sub-Terra involved pre-shows and ABC drop towers whilst Ghost was expected to have pre-shows and also use ABC drop towers. 

Perhaps this is the reason why the Ninjago plans suddenly surfaced which will be built instead of rather than in-addition of Ghost.

A shame really as I was looking foward to Ghost at Legoland Windsor.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Not that sad. I mean there were some good Lego stuff but too low capacity. Looking at the latest map it is nexo knights' kingdom rather than knight's kingdom so hope some investment will be there- please roboarms.

You can't moan about something being too low capacity and then call for Robo-Arms...

Legoland's problem is planning due to its location. This is with the park being in the middle of a forested area and green belt and a number of locals oppose the park's busyness and expansion plans. 

On a contradictory note, the Ninjago area was recently approved (source Southparks) which means the park should be getting a much needed dark ride and E-ticket attraction. 

Fans of Amazing Mazes, Loki's Labarinth, I would suggest visiting the park soon as I reckon part of the Vikings area will close September to allow for construction.  

4 hours ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Not that sad. I mean there were some good Lego stuff but too low capacity. Looking at the latest map it is nexo knights' kingdom rather than knight's kingdom so hope some investment will be there- please roboarms.

Speaking of - New soundtrack in that area. Personally, I feel it was wayyy too dark for that particular area - it was good, but it'd fit Gloomy Wood better at Alton.

14 minutes ago, DeanGaryCox said:

Wonder if Land of The Vikings will change to fit in with Ninjago? 

Most likely. Longboat Invader is being relocated to make space whilst spinning spider will apparently be rethemed. 

Loki's is likely to close September. I can see this having a May opening if they don't have any hiccups.

• 1 month later...

I'm extremely disappointed and concerned something like this could happen.

I just hope the abuser gets what it deserves and the law is on our side. 

Hopefully this will have no negative impact to the other 95% of innocent childless adults who visit Legoland and we suddenly find ourselves in a Gullivers situation.

• 3 weeks later...

Forget Bubbleworks... THIS is the saddest closure on the 6th September 2016! Loki's Labyrinth also shut its doors today, ready for the Ninjago dark ride. 6th September will forever be the day that marks the end of an era... The era of controversial replacements!

Joking of course this is nothing compared to Bubbles' closure.