Legoland

NickD

• 3 weeks later...

Its like with any park that is starting and wants to go major! If you have the money of millions before the park is even open then yeh go for it, buy a B&M etc! Didn't Hard Rock Park fail, I think that was their name when they literally put B&Ms etc all over the place then the park crippled within a year or two because they couldn't make the money back!Lego in a way is like Paultons, the rides are of similar standards... (if not better at Paultons) What makes Lego is the brand Lego! If it wasn't for that I could seem them honestly being lower than Paultons. We have now 8 Zierer rides, 8 Metallbau Emmeln rides, 4 Zamperlas, 1 Reverchon and 1 mighty Gerstlauer. Every park works their way up I guess!

Its like with any park that is starting and wants to go major! If you have the money of millions before the park is even open then yeh go for it, buy a B&M etc! Didn't Hard Rock Park fail, I think that was their name when they literally put B&Ms etc all over the place then the park crippled within a year or two because they couldn't make the money back!

They had ONE B&M...The other rides were a Vekoma Mine Train, a Roller Soaker, a Sally dark ride, that Premier Ferris Wheel coaster thing and that was literally about it...The park failed in months because of it's rubbishness and it's location... As well as poor planning and the like...

Lego in a way is like Paultons, the rides are of similar standards... (if not better at Paultons) What makes Lego is the brand Lego! If it wasn't for that I could seem them honestly being lower than Paultons. We have now 8 Zierer rides, 8 Metallbau Emmeln rides, 4 Zamperlas, 1 Reverchon and 1 mighty Gerstlauer.

Paultons has so much more character then Legoland, such an under-rated park. The very thought of visiting Legoland sends shivers down my spine.

Paultons has so much more character then Legoland, such an under-rated park. The very thought of visiting Legoland sends shivers down my spine.

I agree, and didn't paultons used to have a reeaaly bad wasp problem? it seems they have switched ;) I think the lack of long queues at Paultons also make it a better day out than Legoland, and the rides (Cobra and stinger beat all Legoland's rides IMO.)

I agree, and didn't paultons used to have a reeaaly bad wasp problem? it seems they have switched ;) I think the lack of long queues at Paultons also make it a better day out than Legoland, and the rides (Cobra and stinger beat all Legoland's rides IMO.)

They are very good reasons. Whenever I visit Legoland I always feel like I'm constantly in an advertisment, it never feels like I'm experiencing something beyond a franchise. Paultons may have Peppa Pig coming but the entire park will still feel nice, fun, untouched,

They are very good reasons. Whenever I visit Legoland I always feel like I'm constantly in an advertisment, it never feels like I'm experiencing something beyond a franchise.

The thing is, the kids lap it up and love it. Yeah, the place may feel like an advert to anyone over a certain age, but as long as the kids love, Lego are doing perfectly well.I'd personally think that comparing Paulton's to Lego is wrong - it's more of a Chessie 'rival' if you will..

I'd personally think that comparing Paulton's to Lego is wrong - it's more of a Chessie 'rival' if you will..

Sigh... Not at all...All Paultons has for the older kids is Edge and Cobra (Go-Karts as well, but they're pay extra, so discounted), everything else is for kids... A lot more akin to Legoland then really...

Sigh... Not at all...All Paultons has for the older kids is Edge and Cobra (Go-Karts as well, but they're pay extra, so discounted), everything else is for kids... A lot more akin to Legoland then really...

Personally, I think Paulton's is leaning towards Chessie and could well do so even more in the future. But that's just my take on it.;)

• 3 weeks later...

Massive problems at Windsor: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-11653150MAP Fb page: Today LEGOLAND Windsor experienced a power failure, however the power has now been restored and the Park is now open. As a result of this incident, the Park has now postponed tonight’s fireworks display until Sunday 7th November.We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused.This has changed, it earlier said that the park would be closed all day. Shame for this to happen to the park on such a busy day.

• 1 month later...

New for 2011: AtlantisIn 2011 Legoland Windsor will be opening a fantastic, groundbreaking Sea Life attraction, unlike anything ever seen before at a Legoland theme park. For the first time an in-park Sea Life attraction (like Sharkbait Reef at Alton Towers) will be combined with a ride system. The unique new attraction will see guests boarding on-rails vehicles for a trip through numerous marine exhibits and a Lego recreation of the lost city of Atlantis, which will be guarded by live sharks. As well the 1 million litre tank which forms the centrepiece of the attraction, there will be touch pools and other interactive areas located after the main ride element. The 1,230m2 indoor attraction will be located next to the lake in Adventure Land.Found this on Theme Parks UK, any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

There is quality racers, heroes wanted full theme, laser raiders and VRS about.Also, a slight part of dragon.Unfortunately, as far as I know (because I lost all my hard copies after getting them).. its all only really available on youtube. Ask the person hosting them for real files tbf!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are writing with important information about the Exclusive Annual Pass Preview Weekend at LEGOLAND Windsor on the 26 & 27 March 2011.We have listened to feedback from guests who attended the Passholder Preview Days at THORPE PARK and Chessington Resort. The Parks experienced unprecedented and an unexpectedly high demand. We have implemented a number of measures to ensure an enjoyable experience for all those attending the LEGOLAND Windsor Annual Pass Preview Weekend. However we anticipate that this weekend will be extremely popular. * Firstly, there will be no access to the Park on the 26 & 27 March to Non – Annual Passholders. This event is exclusive to Annual Passholders only. There will be no guest tickets available. * Additional staff members will be working in all areas of the park during the weekend. * We are now opening The Beginning at 9.00am on both days to allow you time to visit the Annual Pass Room before the rest of the Park opens at 10am. * Both Annual Pass Rooms will be open all day, to give you the opportunity to process your Annual Passes throughout the day. * The Annual Pass Collector Bricks will be handed out from 9.30am at the Beginning outside the Big Shop.* * Half price Q-Bots will be available all day on the 26 & 27 March only. A valid Annual Pass must be shown for each guest wishing to rent the Q-Bot and receive the discount. This offer applies to Regular Q-Bots only that are rented in the Park on the 26 & 27 March 2011. Subject to availability. * Parking will be free for all Annual Passholders. This is exclusive to the Annual Pass Preview Weekend only. After the Preview Weekend standard parking prices will apply to LEGOLAND Standard and Standard Merlin Annual Passholders purchased after the 4th January 2011.My only thought is why have they started calling it LEGOLAND?!