Dobble Tea Party / Storm In A Teacup

Tom

Storm in a Teacup is awesome, so here's a topic about it.Originally teacup twisters, then themed to Storm in a Teacup WHENEVER, and now Storm in a Teacup sponsered by tetley tea!No day at a Theme Park is complete without a ride on the teacups. (or similar (Marauders Mayhem anyone?))Oh and Chessington has teacups on their carousel, so that counts!Has anybody else noticed they're playing WWTP radio on storm in a teacup? :o Has it always been in Amity Cove?Video times: Teacup madness with Perry the Platypus is at 0:50 seconds!

as far as I know its stayed where its always been.... by burger king lolI love tea cups too!!sooooooooo much funn.... I swear the operators of the smaller rides are way more fun than the ones on the big ridesthey werent playing WWTP when we went on it... but that might be because we went on it really early.. twas the first ride of the day for me lol

then why is it in calypso quay on the map!!! huh huh!!????I have proof!!! I'm looking at a 2007 map right now and it states what I say is accurate!So why the WWTP?

Its been that way for several years but as we all know it looks far more amity then it does Calypso. Since 2004 its announced its Big Bob Jones.

then why is it in calypso quay on the map!!! huh huh!!????I have proof!!! I'm looking at a 2007 map right now and it states what I say is accurate!So why the WWTP?

Because the map is the most stupid thing on this earth. Storm in a teacup does not relate to calypso in anyway, shape or form. It used to be called.. erm.. something.. but was changed when it moved into amity.

I think it's kind of good they do that becuase it makes the experience better for the younger children. I think Seb is right when he said it's probably a park policy!To be honest. I bet the people that operate are patient and friendly, becuase it's probably more concentrating needed for something like Colossus, which more stuff could possibly go wrong; however correct me if I am wrong.

oooooooo... intrestiiinnggg...... (not meaning to sound sarcastic btw)it makes sense having to work harder on the smaller ones... but I suppose you also have to entertain the older siblings who really dont wanna be there but they have to look after their little brothers and sisters... thats what my sister had to do frequently with me... lol... if they dont do anything interesting everyone will get bored... but if they make you laugh and talk to the crowd.. becomes more fun :o

I think guest interaction between younger guests and staff is a must at a theme park such as Thorpe; because it's a park with a different target audience, parts of the park need to be designated for children, I think they need to capatilise on the space OG has. Maybe if they had something like Dragons Playhouse at Chessington in OG, then there would be a lot more for kids to do. I really did like the idea of chalk drawing on Saturday, priceless fun for kiddies!

If you where passing through OG on Saturday/Sunday you may have seen the area manager watching over children and their parents who where given a piece of chalk to draw with on the concrete section by Up Periscope, and it;s such a simple idea that is good fun for the kids. Top banana to them :o

• 11 months later...

OK, to put it simply I'm not a huge fan of Teacups, but they can be great fun for most visitors to the park. I do like the fact that you can control how much your teacup spins and the length of the ride is very good. Storm In A Teacup is generally walk-on too, isn't it?But I'm not really a huge fan of them mainly because they usually have a very generic and often boring theme (yeah, you guessed it, Teacups :huh:) and I often think that the space that they take up could easily be better used by another ride.But I do like Marauders Mayhem at Alton Towers, the theming is immense! :(

• Mattgwise changed the title to Dobble Tea Party / Storm In A Teacup