Tom

Storm In A Teacup

I think this ride deserves some hefty maintenance over the closed season, rebuild the floor/turntables, try and get the cups more loose so they can easier bad remove the Tetley theme on the cups. After all this is a thorpe classic and despite its age still has a place in the park today.

Have they bothered to close off the cup nearest the middle of the turntable this time?

Last time I rode SIAT I ended up in the central cup on a broken turntable (the ride was walk-on so I didn't know it wasn't working) - I've had more thrilling rides on carousels.

This is a little worrying. I'm betting my boots that the next time I hit the Teacups, more of the turntables will be broken...and there'll be a mad dash for the remaining working turntable as soon as the gate is opened!

I've had more thrilling rides on carousels.

*turns to Chessington's carousel with it's spinning teacups* :P

Unfortunately I don't have a photo of this, but the Tetley Tea character that recently appeared on a themed bench by the Teacups, then disappeared following some damage, has returned!  Hopefully it can stick around longer this time! :)

11 minutes ago, ThemeParkLover said:

I think this ride is dangerous, you can easily fall out. Knowing Thorpe they will add OTSR

You clearly haven't had a spin on the Carousel at Chessington! That might be possible to fall out!

Oh it's too dangerous, let's put restraints, 6ft fences and polythene everywhere to make it safe as we can't have this!

Seriously  let's not give them ideas as that's least we need right now.

17 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

You clearly haven't had a spin on the Carousel at Chessington! That might be possible to fall out!

...or phase through the barrier if the laws of physics were that crazy.